vii. together again

Half of the Hargreeves children sat around Elliott's kitchen, deciding what their next move was. Luther was standing at the stove, making a grossly large plate of scrambled eggs. The portion could feed an entire family, but of course it was just for him.

"No, no, no, I don't understand," Diego said, "They keep following me."

"Wait, who?" Luther asked.

"Those Dutch sociopaths."

"Swedish," Liv corrected.

"Hired guns paid to eradicate us before we do any more damage to this timeline."

"Yeah but why now? I mean, I'm fine for three months until you showed up."

Luther agreed, "Yeah, I was here for a year and no one messed with me. Liv was here for two."

"Even if it was my fault, which it isn't-"

"It definitely is."

Five sent a pointed look towards Liv, "We only have six days before the end of the world and the closest anyones gotten to Dad was that driveway at the consulate."

"Well... that's not exactly true."

Everyone turned towards Luther, eager to know what he did about their father. "What do you mean?"

"I saw him. I went home."

"Home? As in the Academy?"

He nodded, "He was having a party and I tried to explain to him about us and he kicked me out. 'Take yourself and the stench of failure that encircles you and get out of my house' were his exact words." Luther took his eggs and sat down at the table, beginning to shovel them into his mouth.

"That's pathetic," Diego said, earning a slap over the head by Liv.

"It's not pathetic, it's- well it is a bit pathetic- but it's sad."

"At least he didn't shank my ass."

"No, bro, he shanked your heart."

Elliott walked into the kitchen, greeted by the people who had invaded his house over the last few days. "Is that my bathrobe?"

"No," Luther denied.

"Look, who cares what he shanked. He knows something about time travel," Five chimed in.

Elliott raised his hand, "Wait, why don't you just do your thing and time travel us out?"

Five sighed, standing up, "Anyone care to explain?"

"First time he tried, he got lost in the apocalypse," Luther explained.

"Second time, well second time it relatively worked."

Five poured himself another cup of coffee, "Last time I tried, I scattered my family across three years in Dallas, Texas, possibly triggering a doomsday. Any more questions, Elliott?"

"Uh, no."

"You're missing the big picture. Dad is the ringleader of a sinister cabal that's planning to kill the president."

"A cabal?"

"Ignore him. Look, the way I see it, we only have one option"

Luther continued to scarf down his eggs, "Oh yeah and what's that?"

"It's time to get the Umbrella Academy back together."

"Hell yeah. Family meeting."

"Okay then," Luther sighed, "Can one of you get Allison, please?"