xix. and to think we almost had it all

Everyone stood surrounding Allison's body as Grace attempted to save her. Worried looks donned all of their faces and Five kept his hands on the wound. She had remained unconscious the entire drive home. A drive which probably would have taken twenty minutes if it wasn't for Five going 100 miles per hour.

"She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx. One of you will need to give blood" Grace explained.

In rapid succession all of them said they would, only to be stopped by Luther. "I'm doing it." He rolled up his sleeve, only to be stopped by Pogo.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy. Your blood is more compatible with mine."

Klaus was the next to volunteer, "Hey don't sweat it. I got this, big guy. I love needles!" He made his way around the medical table, only to be once again stopped by Pogo.

"Master Klaus. Your blood is... How shall I say this... too polluted."

Liv's hand shot up into the air, "I can do it. I have a great health record." She shrugged off her blazer, showing off her veins, before being interrupted by Luther.

"She's from 1912, her blood hasn't even been exposed to polio yet. She'll kill Allison."

She scoffed as Diego walked around the table, "Move. I'll do it." Grace readied the needle, showing it off to him. As soon as he saw the needle, his eyes rolled into the back of his head as he hit the floor.

Pogo nodded, "Stick him."

***

Diego, Five, Klaus and Liv all stood in the main living room. Some pacing back and forth, others biting their nails out of stress. Allison was being tended to upstairs by Grace and Luther, she would be fine. Fine without them, not fine in general. Her vocal cords could have been slit. She could wake up and not be able to talk. The thought of it was scaring everyone.

"The bastard that nearly killed our sister's still out there, with Vanya. We need to go after her."

"Vanya is not important," Five said.

"Hey, that's your sister. A little heartless even for you, Five," Diego criticized.

"I'm not saying I don't care about her, but if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other seven billion of us. Harold Jenkins is our first priority."

"I agree, let's go."

As the others walked towards the door, Klaus did not. "You guys count me out. I mean, you know, no offense or whatever. It's just... I kind of feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for newly-sober me, so..."

"You're coming."

"No, no, no. I mean, I think we can all agree that my power's... I mean it's pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you guys back."

Liv scoffed, "I don't have powers and I am still of use. Don't blame your bad work ethic on your ability to talk to the dead."

"Klaus get up," Five ordered.

Klaus refused, "You can't make me." Suddenly a knife went flying through the air, landing just under his crotch. "Okay! Then again, a little exercise couldn't hurt. Yeah."

***

The four stood above a body. A dead body. The body of Harold Jenkins, himself. Anything sharp found in a house was stuck inside of him. Knives of various sizes, kitchen scissors, medical scissors, and plates were stuck from his stomach. Around him was broken pieces of wood and more plates, blood was streaming from his head.