Two

|| BOREUM ||

Here's the gist. I already have a boyfriend.

He's alright, I presume. My parents adore him, like how they adore Hyukjae. He's the youngest son of Yoon Saegyu, the minister of national defence in South Korea. Yep, you've guessed it, I'm dating Korea's national military heartthrob. Yoon Chul.

Left and right, I see middle-aged women thrill over how much they want their daughters to marry a man like him. When I said he is the military heartthrob, I wasn't joking. Korean's love their military men, and since he's working his way up the ranks, he'll probably be right under his father's wing by this fall.

I don't really remember how we started dating. He asked me out, and I only really said yes because I was bored. I've had my fair share of boyfriends, and he definitely isn't my favourite. But since mother and father would practically throw a tantrum if we broke up, I'm stuck with him by my side.

So yeah, maybe I'm a douche for laughing at my sister. My situation isn't much different from hers. I never thought about getting married before, but ever since I saw him...

Chul slightly kisses my neck as he shoves me into the bathroom harshly. His hickeys were rough, eager, and aching for more. His hand falls thick on my boob, grasping it dearly as he groans into my skin heavily. He moves quickly, as he should, as we're literally at my sisters engagement party.

Not a single moan leaves my mouth. This asshole gets his dick wet if he sees a collarbone and finishes in under 30 seconds, why would I ever? I'm basically a sex toy at this point because I've never been satisfied by him in return.

I push him off of me quickly, his face covered in concern. "We should break up," I state simply.

His eyes widen in panic and his eyebrows furrow as he walks closer to me, placing his hands on my shoulders. "W-What... What are you saying, Boreum?" He asks delicately. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, I'm just not really into you. We shouldn't waste our time together." I push his hands off of me, walking past him as I fumble with the lock of the door, wiping the dust off my dress diligently. As I was about to open the door, he speaks.

"What will your parents think?" He asks deeply. I know he wasn't threatening me because he was technically asking a valid question. I think for a moment. "They going to hate me," I say before opening the door and taking my leave.

Chul runs after me, grabbing onto my wrist and forcing me to meet his eyes. Does he not understand a hint? I don't like him. "I'm not going to give up on you, Boreum."

"Um, okay," I say awkwardly, moving his hand off of my arm as I continue my walk. I didn't need to turn around to see the expression on his face. Heartbroken, probably. But do I really care?

It doesn't matter anyway, the only person I have an interest in is him. Well, that's given. If you saw those handsome cat eyes of his and that daring smirk, you would break up with your boyfriend too. That type of boy is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, you don't let that out of your grasp.

As I return back to the party in the hotel, I see my sister sitting on the couch by herself. Her eyes awkwardly stare onto the ground as I see Hyukjae being hushed towards the sofa by his parents. I see they are announcing the engagement now, just in time for my arrival.

As I stand by the sidelines, ready to watch it all fall down, I grab a glass of champagne and start to slowly sip on it with an exciting smile on my face. There's nothing more exciting than watching people suffer like this, especially people I detest.

My father clinks on his glass with a fork, gathering the attention of all of the partygoers. He clears his throat. "Ahem. Thank you everybody for coming to this party today. Let's give a special thanks to Ryu Hotel for hosting this party and the wonderful buffet."

"Anyways, we have come here to share some exciting news." He sends a look to my sister. "That is... That the heir of Ryu Hotels, Ryu Bitna, will be engaged to the heir of Seonya Motor company, Hwang Hyukjae!"

In shock, the crowd remained silenced. All comprehending the sudden news. I giggle quietly at my sister's wretched look. There was nothing more than she hated than moments like this. An applaud is heard at the party as everyone slowly starts to cheer for the couple.

Mrs. Hwang pushes Hyukjae and Bitna to their feet, forcing her to show her expensive diamond ring to the crowd. It shined like the stars, causing another round of cheers to erupt. I feel a presence appear next to me.

Oh. It was him.

Well, let's just say he looked even better to close up like this. His eyes remained on the couple, as he mimicked my actions and sipped on his alcoholic drink as well. "They're cute, aren't they?" He says. We looked like wallflowers, hanging at the back of the party.

"I'll bet he'll start cheating before the wedding even happens." I test the waters, checking to see his reaction to the comment I made on his brother. To my delight, a smile smeared across his face.

"Darling, he already has a girlfriend. The last thing he cares about is Bitna." He comments lowly. His voice was deep, raspy and so attractive I felt myself melt in my shoes right there.

It felt like I was looking into the reflection of a mirror. I turn to face him, impressed. "Ryu Boreum." I place out my hand for him to shake, which he takes quite proudly. "Hwang Hyunjin. I'll be delighted to see you again."

Finally, I have met someone just like me.