Six

|| BOREUM ||

Why did he do that? And what did I get myself into?

I'll be honest, I can't answer that first one. But the latter, it will be my pleasure to enlighten you. I got myself into a little bit of what you call drama. Or at least drama that will probably turn worse in the near future, hopefully not for my case.

Being the youngest daughter of an international chaebol isn't easy, especially when you aren't the heir. And if I'm not the heir, what do I do with my life? As someone who has been surrounded by the luxury and riches of life from the moment I was born, it's only fair that a fine woman like me would get bored after a while.

So maybe I'm trying to overthrow my sister. Not like I'm trying to kill her or anything! But that would make my job here much easier. And well, I don't know if I'd be capable of overthrowing her by taking her job or anything. Just... Showing her who's boss.

And Hwang Hyunjin is a man that is definitely behind me on this one. But why? My guess is that he's in a similar situation as me. A poor poor soul that needs to entertain their life by adding some farce. People like us are truly the most depressing in the world.

Finally, after days of searching all of his friends and families in a crucial series of Instagram stalking, I learned the bar that he often visits. An underground one, famous for hosting illegal street racers. Looks like Mr. Hwang is a bit of a bad boy himself.

Stepping into the bar, my eyes search the room as I see him. Sitting there by himself, but not lonely. He chats along nicely with the bartender, someone I would assume is his friend considering how often he comes here. I make my way to him, taking the seat and sitting down.

"One blue Hawaii, please." I heckle the bartender, in which I can practically sense his head snapping in my direction at the sound of my voice.

He chuckles a little bit in disbelief. "What are YOU doing here?"

I tilt my head at him as if I had no clue he was here all along. "Hwang Hyunjin, I didn't know you were into street racing! I guess that's another thing we have in common." He didn't believe a word.

"Yeah, right. Now let's be honest, why did you stalk me here to this bar?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders. "Mere coincidence, I think. Such a small world we live in." I grab my blue Hawaii that the bartender passes, sipping on it lightly. For such a rural bar, it tasted pretty good.

He looks at me patiently. 'Fine, I followed you here. But that's for a valid reason." I defend myself. "And that is...?" He waits for me to finish his sentence. Is it just me or is this guy getting hotter and hotter every time we meet?

"You fascinate me, Hyunjin. Especially after that altercation at the bridal shop." I turn towards him, my face no longer smiling. I grab him gently by the tie, pulling him in close so only he can hear this. "What are your intentions with me?"

An evil grin wipes onto his face. "What can I say? It's hard keeping away from someone that's just like me." He looks at me up and down, biting on his lip with intense eyes. Oh no, I know what he's doing. It's my best fantasy combined with my worst nightmare. He was reading me.

I let go of him, a little annoyed. I'm the one that's supposed to be reading people, the one that's running this conversation. Who does he think he is to do me like that?!

"Okay, here's a question. You can invite three people to dinner, can be fictional or even dead. Who would you pick?" He suddenly asks, making me raise an eyebrow.

"You're being random," I state, as he only laughs at me. I had to hold my hand down from touching his messy but fluffy hair. "I'm trying to break the ice. You want to know me, correct?" How did he know that?

I fiddle with my fingers, finally giving in. "One, Paris Hilton, obviously. Then Evelyn Hugo, she's my biggest inspiration. And lastly... Miranda Priestly, just so I can see if her hair is really that perfect in real life." I answer.

"You remind me of all three of them, you know that?" He hides his face to laugh, which was then when I realized he was drunk. What was I Expecting? We were in a bar. "Yes, I think my parents got innovation for me from them." I joke. "What about you?"

"I don't know... I wouldn't do Miranda, but Meryl Streep instead. And of course, I'll do Leonardo Dicaprio. And maybe I'll leave the last seat vacant and make them try to figure out who the last person is." He answers delicately.

"I've met Dicaprio before." I answer non-chalontly. "He's handsome, I guess. But you're more attractive." I blurt out, not comprehending my words until after they left my mouth. I silently gasp, placing my hand over my mouth to stop myself from saying anything else.

He stares deeply into my eyes, making my cheeks burn up under my tipsy mind. He grabs a strand of my front hair, tucking it behind my ear. "Do you want to know the real reason why I did that at the bridal store?" He asks. My silence gave him the answer he needed.

"I want to take the seat as chairman, I know you do too. And I can't do that if they're in the way." He says quietly, making sure no one hears. He smirks slightly.

"We need to eliminate Hyukjae and Bitna. And we can't do that without a little bit of controversy."