Seven

|| BOREUM ||

You probably know what I do for fun. Ruin people's life.

But that's not important. A commoner like you has probably wonders what other rich people like me do in their free time. Well let me tell you what they do, they play golf. And yes, I'm talking country club sweater vest and old hag golfing. It's a real thing, surprise.

So when my father pulled me in yesterday night and invited me to go golfing with him in his extremely exclusive golfing club, I was a little nervous. And I never get nervous, but my father also never hangs out with me unless absolutely necessary.

My parents don't really like me. Which is fine, I don't like them either. They usually spent most of their focus on Bitna, since she was the heir of the company. It doesn't make sense sometimes, as I personally believe that I'm better than her in every way. But it's whatever.

And oh my god, do I look like every other preppy aristocrat that is around my age in Seoul. I mean, the white tennis skirt and pink polo aren't really making me stand out. Should I wear some stilettos?

Never mind, I'm already here. Walking into the private area, I walk past the old grandpas that walk slower than a snail and the middle-aged woman that had nothing better to do than gossip. Don't get me wrong, I judge people too, like all the time. But I never say it out loud, except to him. But he isn't here, so why am I thinking about him?

"Boreum! You're here!" My father shouts from behind me, engulfing me in a hug. I try not to suffocate as he exclaims how happy he is to see me. Happy... Why is he happy to see me? All he has been doing for the past few weeks since I broke up with Chul was scoff in disappointment when he saw me. Wait, don't tell me-

Ah yes, my father, the genius snake. I probably get it from him. Because there was Chul, the last man that was on my mind right now. I nod my head bitterly. "Okay, I'm leaving," I say quickly, sending my father a dead glare before turning the other direction to the entrance.

"No, you're not." He pulls me backwards, holding onto my arm. "If you don't let go of me, I will scream." I threaten.

"Please, can you cooperate with this once? If you go home now, you're going to have to interrupt mom while she's having her afternoon wine session. Do you really want to interact with her?" He asks. True, the mom gets all moppy and sad when she's drunk, talking about how she wished she didn't waste her life marrying the wrong guy. Blah blah, I'm tired of it. And Chul looks pretty eager to see me.

Ugh, fine. I slowly unattached my dad's hand from me, walking right past the two of them and to the golf stance. I know literally nothing about golf, but it can't hurt to pretend, right?

"You look beautiful, lovebug." Chul compliments me, checking me out. Lovebug? Seriously? And let's not forget to mention his lack of class. He should be already on his knees, begging for me back.

I turn around to look for my dad, but I already saw him far away, with other men his age. Wow, he really left me behind like this. Alone with Chul. Great. I love my life. I guess I can't get away with not talking to him.

"So let me guess, you're still kissing up to my dad? Even after we broke up?" I ask, turning to face him while leaning on my golf club. A smile tugs on his lips, as if he was happy by me saying as little as one sentence to him.

"Boreum, please. Let's just be reasonable about this entire thing-"

"Reasonable? Chul, let me tell you something straight. I'm not a fool for breaking up with you, and I know damn well I'm not going to regret this. So I'd suggest you back away from me before I beat your ass." I seeth through my teeth, pointing my finger onto his chest.

He backs away. "B-Boreum... Just tell me, is there someone else? That's all I want to know." I can tell he was being cautious with his words. Yeah, that's right, you better be careful. Bitch.

I think for a moment. Should I tell him? Yes or no? Eh, what's the harm? "Yeah, there is. And he doesn't annoy me like you do so I think I'll stick around with him." I say, taking my club and positioning myself to hit the ball. It barely moves. Damn, how do people enjoy this?

His eyes turn dark, well not dark, just betrayed. "W-Who is it?! Do I know them? What do they look like-"

"Chul, please, you're making me pity you. Please leave me alone before I file a restraining order." I say, interrupting him. Fuck Chul and fuck dad for making me meet up with him. I can't believe I wasted my Saturday afternoon golfing.

I start to make my way out, walking past my dad. He runs slowly to catch up to me. "Boreum, how did it go?" He asks, his face excited. "I don't understand what you'd expect, I hate him even more now."

A frown turns on his face. "C'mon, Boreum. Don't be like that. Chul is one of the only boys that can actually stand your attitude. How long will it take you to find another man? We need you to get married sometime."

"I'm only 22, why would I need to get married? I'm not like Bitna, I'm not going to submit myself to a male. And if I do, it's definitely not going to be Chul. Can you please just leave me alone on this?" I practically beg him.

"Fine, I'll leave you alone on it. But let me just remind you, Chul is fighting for you. He wants you badly, and I think you should consider his feelings." He says as I send him a dirty look. He backs off.

I can give him props for being determined, but Chul needs to realize I want nothing to do with him. That's the whole point of breaking up with someone. How do I tell him that I don't care about Chul's feelings? It's not even personal anymore, I don't care about anyone at this point.

Except for him, I care about him.