Fourteen

|| BOREUM ||

Why does this trip feel like it has lasted forever?

Today is the final day and I couldn't be any more excited. All this has been is a nightmare for me, with the complimentary maple syrup. But with Bitna threatening me, Hyunjin and I getting into that fight, and that awful sex I had last night, all I want to do now is go back to Seoul.

Apparently, tonight was a "video game night" where all the groomsmen sit on the couch and play whatever trashy frolic they find. I decided to sit out, only because I'm nothing but a despiser of video games.

Sitting in my room alone, I fondle my black strands of hair as I scroll mindlessly through all the apps on my phone. Less than 24 hours and then I'll be out of here, right? Then explain why so little time has passed in the last hour.

Groaning, I throw my phone to the side as I shove my face into the silk bedsheets. The sun shines brightly into my room and onto my skin as I squint my eyes to block the light. Perfect, the sun is in my face when I don't want it to be. Can't believe I have to wait 5 billion years for that stupid star to explode.

Fuck this, I'm getting some fresh air. I throw on some shorts and a t-shirt as I grab my phone and some sunglasses before heading through the lodge and downstairs, successfully avoiding the obnoxious groomsmen and leaving peacefully.

My feet stomp against the rocks and the sands as I stumble down the hill, watching the view beside me grow gradually bigger as I walk my way closer to the bottom of the mountain. I'm not really a nature person, so you can't really expect me to find tranquillity in the outdoors. But my eyes feel drained from looking at my phone for so long and I really don't have any hobbies to pass the time so this is my only option.

Crack. Something behind me, from far away at least, snaps. Like a twig. I turn my head backwards, weary not to bump into a grizzly bear. But when I went to check, nothing was there.

I shrug it off, continuing my path down the hill. But not long after, I hear another crunch come from behind me. Before I could even turn around, I heard a thumped of fast footsteps running towards me.

I screech loudly, covering my head as I feel someones warm grip clasp onto my hand. Just as I thought I was about to get kidnapped, I open my eyes and see him.

Him? What the fuck is he doing here?! "Ryu Boreum." He says sternly, huffing loudly from the dash he made. "Did you sleep with Hyukjae?"

I gulp. Shit. "Um... No." I say in the most unconvincing voice ever. Why can I never lie properly when I'm with people I actually know?

He nods his head bitterly like he already knew the answer to it in the first place. He lets go of me. "Fucking slut." He mutters, looking at the cliff to our right. My eyebrows furrow as I gasp slightly.

"Excuse me?"

He turns towards me. "You heard me. I knew you were a bitch but I didn't know you were going to go as far as to sleep with my brother! Yeah, you are a fucking slut. You preach how bad and annoying Bitna is and then you go pull something like this."

An aggrieved chuckle leaves my mouth as I resist the urge to push him off the cliff that was beside us. "Why are you acting like we're dating, or something? You were the one that said I need to take things to the next level, so I did!"

"That includes having sex with him? What, are you going to go and take turns with each of the groomsmen as well? Because if so, I'm not really surprised. You'd probably love that." He pokes into my chest.

I remember a few months ago I thought this guy was an angel sent from heaven. Everything about him was perfect, from the way his hair sat on his head to the way he would tilt his head to the side to make sure the smoke doesn't get in my face.

But now I feel like I've met with a complete person. He was no longer the handsome gentlemen that I thought I knew. "Hwang Hyunjin. You are the most selfish, controlling, insecure man I've ever met in my life!"

He puts his hand over his chest in fake agony. "Oh, and you're some sort of saint. Here's an idea, don't sleep with any of my family members and then maybe, just maybe, you can call me all of those things!" He shouts.

I look at him in disbelief. "Who even told you this? And why are you getting so mad? I can do whatever I want, I'm not your little bitch you can control. Last time I checked we haven't even kissed yet."

"You want to know how I found out? I overheard that asshole bragging to all of his friends about it. Sooner or later Bitna is going to overhear that shit and ruin you for good." He seethes to me.

"I'm not an idiot, Hyunjin." I back away from him, sighing. "Do you think a guy like Hyukjae wouldn't brag about it? He's a textbook definition of a dick."

He turns quiet for a second. The tension between us falls as I feel his warm fingers touch against my neck. He grabs my hair and starts playing with it gently. "I'm sorry, darling. I was just worried about you. I don't want you making a mistake that you would regret."

I try to stifle my sweet smile. "That's nice, Hyunjin."

Suddenly, he turns me around. His piercing glaze digs deep into my eyes as I feel himself bring me slowly closer to him. "I think I might want to take up that offer..." He starts. "...The one where you said we haven't kissed yet."

He looks at me for permission, in which I slightly nod my head yes. He places his left palm at the back of my neck and his right around my waist as he bends down to place his lips onto my mine. The aroma of his skin touching against mine makes the feeling euphoric as I snug my arms around his neck.

The kiss, simple but passionate, ends when Hyunjin pulls away. I frown. "Ending it so fast? Is Hwang Hyunjin nervous to continue?"

He giggles, but I knew that something about it wasn't sincere. I let go of him, concerned. "Okay, you're making me scared. What's wrong?" I nervously ask. He bites down on his lower lip, avoiding my gaze.

"We have no time to wait, Boreum. They're getting married by the end of the month." He says slightly. The wedding, I completely forgot. It was already the beginning of summer, just when my father said the wedding would occur.

"And what day is it today...?" I quietly pray. He grabs onto my hands, holding them to his chest. "The 23rd of June."

7 Days. All we have to make sure that Hyukjae and Bitna don't become the heirs.