Four

|| BOREUM ||

There's still a slight problem. I don't have a clue as to where to find him.

I'll admit, I'm not in the smartest mindset right now. A simpleton would laugh in my face if I told them that I was trying to find my sister's brother-in-law because he's interested me and I possibly would like to know him better. It sounds better in my head.

And, due to my luck, this guy is literally invisible. No social media, no friends, no news about him in the public. It's kind of annoying, he's too much like me. And I can't just casually walk to Hyukjae and ask him because we're not even close to acquaintances.

Sighing in despair, I chug down a glass of red wine as I lay down on my bed flat. I'm probably not going to see him until the next wedding arrangement both of us are forced to attend. My hands were covered with the sleeves of my black lace shirt as I get a sudden urge to smoke.

Mom and dad absolutely despise it when I smoke inside the household. The smell gives Bitna a headache. Of course it does, she's so sensitive. Grabbing a box of cigarettes from my side table and my lighter, I make my way through the mansion and outside.

Walking out the gates and taking out my cigarette, I light it in my mouth as the tobacco taste touches my tongue. Taking out my phone and scrolling through my apps, I take another puff of my stick as I hear the noise of a car coming up the hill of our gated residential.

The car was luxurious. It had tinted windows and was noir, with big wheels enough to run a girl like me over until I turned flat. In the front of the car, I saw the logo of the vehicle. I almost spat out my cigarette right then. It was an S, S as in Seonya Motor Company.

The car doors open as the driver hurries over and opens the front and back doors. Watching in awe, I see Hwang Kitae and Jaeun leave the car in their expensive coats and shoes. Their sons emerge from the car as well, but I was only watching one of them.

We make eye contact, the cigarette still in my mouth. Hwang Kitae starts to approach me. "Ah, Ryu Boreum. What are you doing out here by yourself?"

Fuck my life. I look like shit and I can see all four of them (actually five, the driver is staring too) looking at me with widened eyes. My black shirt that was extremely cropped and my low-waisted white jeans made them stare at me weirdly. Except for Hyunjin, I believe he was checking me out.

"Um... Smoking." I point to my cigarette. "Bitna doesn't like the smell so I have to do it outside the gates."

"Oh dear, well she better get used to it. Our own Hyukjae goes through an entire pack of cigarettes in a day!" Jaeun exclaims, pinching her son's cheeks. Yikes, he's not going to live past 40 at this rate.

There was an awkward silence between all of us before Kitae broke it. "Well, I think we're going to go in now. We're allowed to, right?" He points towards the open gate, which I just let him walk through along with his wife and Hyukjae. The car slowly follows them into the driveway.

Wait, why is he still here? Oh, his hand is out. I think he wants a cigarette. I scramble for my box, placing one in his hand. I'm about to hand him the lighter too but he stops me. "You. Light me."

The cigarette was placed in his mouth, patiently waiting. As I comprehend his words, I take out my lighter slowly, watching the flame burst up. Inching closer to him, I let the paper around the tobacco light up.

My eyes meet his. God, he is so hot. He takes in the puff, turning his head to let the fume go away from my face. "You look cute in that outfit." He says nonchalantly, his eyes unclothing me slowly.

I raise an eyebrow, a smirk on my face. "I think your girlfriend would think the same." I subtly throw in the question. I would probably still hit on him if he has one, Just to piss off Bitna. But it doesn't hurt to ask, right? He smiles as well, snickering under his breath. "I see what you're doing."

"I don't think I know what you're talking about," I say innocently, batting my eyes as I wait for him to respond. He chuckles lowly. "I don't have a girlfriend. There."

"Oh, how unfortunate." I grin. Yes, unfortunate indeed.