05 | winter falls

now playing ,
winter falls , stray kids .

" sungchan , you're lying right ? " ahri's voice was soft

" sungchan , you're lying right ? " ahri's voice was soft. she was on the verge of breaking down.

it was few days into their winter break. ahri had planned a lot. she wanted to bring sungchan to meet her parents. yes , it was early.

for her , she knew sungchan was perfect. he was the perfect choice for her.

however , she did not expect those words to come out from sungchan's mouth.

" let's break up. " he said , with no emotions on his face.

" you're lying ? aren't you ? sungchan. " ahri hit the taller's chest. she felt vulnerable. she was never a person who easily broke down.

" i am not , ahri. " sungchan never called her ahri.

" sungchan . . . we were fine ? did i do something wrong ? i thought we would work out. why ? just why. you can't just break up with me without giving me valid reasons. " ahri begged the taller , the pair were stood right in the middle of sungchan's small apartment that was located in the centre of seoul.

" i don't feel the sparks. i used to see stars in your eyes , and now everything just looks empty. i loved you. we aren't meant for each other , sunshi - ahri. " sungchan said , daring not to look into ahri's eyes.

" you loved me ? you're telling me you don't love me anymore ? oh. and here i thought , we were going to last forever. i thought it was the perfect time to introduce you to my parents. " she whispered the last two lines , still loud enough for sungchan.

" thank you for all the memories , jung sungchan. i still love you. don't worry , i'll eventually move on. not as fast as you though because , i actually love you with all my heart. i love you so much that not loving you seems very impossible. but nothing is impossible , isn't it ? you told me that when i first rejected you three years ago. i'll eventually move on. i love you , jung sungchan. " that was the last time sungchan ever saw his ahri.

ahri was his first love.

he watched her exit his apartment , the latter not even looking back once.

he stared at the bracelet , the crescent moon handmade bracelet that hung across his wrist.

he smiled a very painful smile. possibly the last memory of his ahri.

he lied to her. he still loves her. he will always love her.

however , it was his only way.

he did not want ahri to be left alone. he did not want the love of his life to cry over him the day he leaves.

the day he leaves and never comes back.

sungchan turned back and looked at the little snowflake sliding down his apartment's window.

it was winter again , he was cold again. yet , he had caused his only source of warmth to leave him , because he wanted her to find herself a new warmth to protect herself.

watching her in pain was killing him slowly. their memories together were flashing by his mind , he chose to ignore.

" she'll be okay. " he thought.

" mr ! sir ! " sungchan was brought back from his past memories. he was at the hospital. he had forgotten why he was here in the first place.

" your girlfriend is conscious now. " at the mention of the word girlfriend , sungchan's face lit up. for some reason , he thought all his memories were just a bad dream and that he was about to meet ahri again.

but no , it was not ahri.

choreum sat there , her face ever so pale. sungchan's smile dropped.

" ma'am , your boyfriend is here for you. " the nurse guided sungchan to choreum's side.

the pair looked at each other emotionlessly.

( # # # )

ruvis talk !

sorry for the awful chapter ,
consider this as a filler. i might
end this book in another five
chapters of lesser :))

i love you <3