06 - Reunite

Reunite (Verb)- come together or cause to come together again after a period of separation or disunity.
-

Two days later

Tonight is the night Azura is finally allowed to attend Everett Academy.

Named after the first king of Bellin, Everett Gray, Everett Academy is the only school in Bellin, and the greatest to ever exist.

Azura had never been there herself, but her brothers would tell her exciting stories of the breathtaking castle over their breaks. Sitting just off the west coast cliffs, waterfalls would stream into the ocean from below the school in many different arrays.

The school itself has elaborate and extravagant halls, exotic gardens, secret passageways, and hidden rooms behind every bend. Nothing like she had seen.

Nine dark oak trunks engraved with the same classy 'A', line up on the floor of her bedroom.

All the trunks are filled to the brim with parchment, ink, casual clothes, formal clothes, herbs, shoes, and weapons.

Three heavy knocks were heard on the outside of Azura's door, letting her know the carriage was ready outside. Opening the door, four guards storm in, beginning to collect her luggage. Despite their best efforts, the strain on their faces could not be hidden. Azura knew damn well she could lift all nine of those trunks with a wave of her hand, but she took pleasure in watching them struggle.

-

Professor LeMont was the only one accompanying Azura in the carriage as her father had business to take care of like usual.

A footman opens her door, and she steps out into the cool night-time breeze.

The school was greater than she could've ever imagined. There stood an extravagant castle, twenty feet above the clouds. Made entirely from stone and magic. The Gray's built it centuries ago. Even though she had nothing but contempt for the royal family, she had to give them credit, as it is still as brilliant today as the day it was built.

Many towers pointed high out of different parts of the castle, with flags on top hoisting the school emblem. While the clouds made it nearly impossible to see every detail, the yellow lights shining from the windows showed the buildings' breathtaking architecture.

They ascended the many clean marble stairs reaching a grand golden archway otherwise known as the arch of hope.

     "This way Lady Starling" LeMont guided her left through a corridor. His voice sounded bored. Azura could not fathom how he could ever be bored living here.

The hallways and staircases were extremely spacious, the ceilings were high, and the windows were large. Even in the dimly lit space, you could make out the many statues and paintings strung on the walls.

Finally, they arrived at a large wooden door with ancient runes engraved on it. The engraving caught Azura's eye as she recognised they were in Berlik.

     "Désir" She mumbled, running her hand over the engravings. The doors then burst open, revealing a pristine and tidy common room.

Just like the rest of the school, the common room was immaculate. The interior was navy blue monochrome, and all the furniture and accessories complemented one another, creating a pleasing aesthetic environment.

A grand fireplace crackles to the right below a portrait of a black-haired woman with a devilish glare. It was Miniya. Otherwise known as 'désir'. She was a breathtaking woman. Her skin was pale with large, hooded eyes. Her beauty was unbelievable, just like the stories told of her.