08 - Unwilling

Unwilling (Adjective) - not ready, eager, or prepared to do something.

-

Ryker had taken Azura over to one of the many large oak tables in the breakfast hall.

The hall had an arched roof combined with skylights that filled the area with the familiar light from this morning. The tables were formed in sort of rows. There were two rows of about fifty dark tables contrasting with the airy aesthetic of the school.

Ryker insisted that she sit with him and his friends, and given that she didn't know anyone at this school yet, she agreed.

     "So, this lot are unfortunate enough to be called your friend's brother?" Azura teases her brother sitting down between him and a familiar dirty blonde.

A few of them seemed familiar to her. She recognised them from events and noticed the others had similar features to their parents from Dekai meetings.

     "No way," Azura gasped dramatically, "am I lucky enough to be blessed by the presence of thee Lex Moreau!"

     "Indeed, you are." He chuckled before he kissed her cheek softly. Azura's family has always been close to Lex's. One of Vladimir's most trusted Dekai's was his father. They practically grew up together, which explains why Lex and Ryker were best friends.

A boy sat across the table who she connected back to a Dekai from his familiar auburn hair. "And you must be Balor's son, what is it again?" Azura tried to recall the boy's name.

      "Zayn" he replied.

      "Yes! that's it thank you, Balor."

      "You can call me Zayn if you like," he said quietly.

Ignoring him, Azura moved on to her next victim, a blonde girl who looked as though she bled diamonds. She had thick blond hair that reached her lower back. The hair on the crown of her head was tied up with a pale pink bow. This bow sat neatly on top of the rest of her hair which swayed as she moved. Her hallow-type wealth and dangerously blue eyes were a dead giveaway, she was a Cross.

Her mother and Azura had met two years ago at the annual winter ball the Starlings hosted. She had the same smile as her mother and the same eyes as her father.

       "Adelphia Cross I presume" She tilted her head at the girl.

Her eyes dashed up from her plate and she smiled, "Azura Starling, I have heard much about you." She looked to Ryker, "All good things, no need to worry"

      "Brilliant" Azura rolled her eyes at her brother, "He's such a pain" She groaned at the blonde.

      "I know right, I honestly don't know how you put up with him" she joined in

Azura chuckled softly at her reply, "I think you and I are going to be very good friends, Miss Cross"

She agreed before excusing herself to refill her plate.

      "And these two are?" She pointed at two bulgy boys on either side of Balor and Adelphia's seat.

      "That's Atlas Hendrix, and Keyair Montalli" Lex answered.

Both had their mouths full of toast as they tried to mumble a hello to the new girl. Out of disgust, she left to join Adelphia and gathered some food from the front table.

The table was filled with vibrant colours and foreign foods destined to fill anyone's taste buds.

Sitting back down, she began to enjoy her food before being interrupted for the second time this morning.