14 - Anaxiphillia

Anaxiphillia (verb) - The act of falling in love with the wrong person.

-

As he sits down, he instantly recognises the Starling girl. "Isn't this a coincidence?" He smirks at her.

     "Is it? Missed me so much you had to get Headmaster Hicks to pair us up" She snorted crossing her arms.

     "What do you mean paired up?"

     "That's actually why I called you in today Mr Gray. Azura here seems to have a bit of trouble settling in here at Everet. Therefore, I and many other professors believe it would be best if she had you to guide her in the many wonderful ways we do things here." She pulls out the folder for him to look at.

Glancing over, Azura attempts to read a few of the other reports. Yeah, she liked to muck around a bit here and there, but not this much. The folder seemed to have at least a hundred individual reports in it.

Skipped three classes in a row. False.

Held nine students captive in the Désire tower. Also false.

Threw several knives during a study session in the library. True.

Poisoned a students breakfast. Also false, who was making these up?

Azura now knew at least two-thirds of those were fake, but she decided to stay quiet, for now.

Once Hicks and Alexander finished looking through the reports she turned to Azura, "Now Azura if you're to stay at Everett Academy, there are a few extra requirements for you." She hands her a list, "You are to take Prince Alexander to your dorm and fix everything on that list before you're permitted to attend classes again."

The list is on a rolled piece of delicate parchment that has four lines on it.

1. All weapons are to be confiscated from the dorm.

2. Windows are to be bolted close

3. All stolen goods are to be returned.

This was ridiculous. She knew for a fact she didn't do half of those things in the binder. And now she was being punished by having the prince follow her around like she was some animal.

     "Whatever" Azura huffs standing up and storming out of the room not bothering to wait for the prince.

-

The entire walk there she didn't say a word, she was too angry at this stupid school.

Azura reached the door and rummaged through her pockets to find the keys. Azura still had her books in hand, so this task became 100x harder.

Alex noticed she was struggling. "Here, let me help," he said while removing her books from her hands so she could find her key.

Azura didn't reply and acted unbothered until she found her key and unlocked the door. I don't need your help, Alex" she said as she snatched the books from his hands.

As Azura walked in, he paused at her door and placed his hands into his blazer pockets. "Azura, I know it's not your usual forte, but if I'm going to be your mentor you may as well be somewhat friendly."

She placed her books down and turned back to him, "I could, but I'm not planning on it until you've earned it." She smiled fakely before returning to her original direction.

Azura could feel his eyes trailing down her body as she took off her blazer. His footsteps lurch closer behind and she feels the cold touch of his hand on her waist. Azura pulls away instantly and turns to see him holding up one of her blades.

     "What is this?" He asks

     "A rag doll," She rolled her eyes, "give it back" She reached up to his hand to grab it back, but he pulled it higher.