chapter 23

Lisa

Morning came and I still didn't feel well. My body was sweating, head aching, and the need to laze around in bed all day tempted me. Putting my hand on my temple, it felt hot. And the dizziness made me want to puke all the contents from yesterday.

I still had so many things to do, but my body had its limitations. I opened my phone to see new texts from an unregistered number with the same message from yesterday.

It was already annoying me, he knew I was leaving for Paris exactly after the fashion show... ye he still continues to threaten me. I'm just thankful he's not touching Jeon.

I sent a message to my manager Yoo-mi, to inform her about my situation. She replied immediately and told me that there were no urgent agendas today.

Everything under 'Jen's Fashion Show' checklist was fulfilled, so it was safe to say that I had nothing to worry about.

I took a half bath, to freshen up a bit. This headache was gonna kill me, and if it doesn't, the grumbling in my stomach would.

I was still in my towel, in the process of wearing my undies when a notification from my phone suddenly brought my attention to it.

Jeon: Are you awake?

Jeon: Have you eaten yet?

Me: secret

Jeon: I'm coming up.

My eyes widened at his text. What was he? Some kind of bodyguard?

Me: What? NO.

I quickly hurried dressing up, my fast-paced actions making my headache worse and the need to puke my guts out was really taking its toll on me. The doorbell rang, and it was the devil himself.

God, why is he here? He's literally pushing himself back to my circle, and I don't like it.  I promised that obsessed ex-manager that I wouldn't interact with him anymore or even step foot in this goddamn country. But I did.

I slowly approached the door, holding my stomach as if it would ease the urge to puke. I thought of the pros and cons, but he would think that I'm some immature child for doing this! I needed him to think that I'm the matured woman that I was when I left.

When I opened the door, there he was looking all handsome and dashing, he still had his bag for work that I assume contains all his papers. Compared to him I probably looked like a potato.

"I really... don't... want you here... right now Jeon." I slowly released each word, afraid that it might trigger me to vomit.

He looked concerned, as he stared at my face. He forcefully went inside and held me steady. Putting his hand on my temple, I heard him curse.

"You need to rest." He dragged me to my room, his fast pace was making me dizzy.

"Wait... slow down." He stopped to face me in time when I was falling... and fuck... I puked on his pristine, white, button-down shirt.

***

"And here I thought you'd be able to take care of yourself." He said while tucking me into bed, he was now wearing his white undershirt with his stained shirt nowhere to be found.

I had already taken a hot bath again, wearing new underwear, new shorts, and an oversized tee. Of course, with his assistance.

"You better not be here when I wake up." I threatened with closed eyes. The coolness of the wet cloth on my forehead felt so weird.

"You should've asked one of your friends to take care of you." He placed the half-empty soup on my side.

"I don't want anyone to pity me." Especially you.

"It's not pity when they care for you." I opened my eyes to meet his gaze. He didn't look like he was leaving anytime soon, with his comfortable position sitting on a chair near my bed.

"So you care?" I challenged weakly. This was not the way it should have been, we should have treated each other like strangers.

"Yes, I do." My downfall, I shouldn't have asked. I could feel my tiny little heart with its familiar lovesick beat. And it scared me to death. It scared me that I would be leaving my heart yearning for this man, for the second time.

I woke up with the need to puke and he was there holding the trash bin as I threw up the contents of my stomach.

He made me sit up as he placed a wet towel on my arm. I winced at the coldness of the towel to my skin. He continued wiping the towel with the intent to cool my body's temperature.

"Will you let me?" He gestured to my exposed legs. I nodded in agreement.

"You need to change your clothes, they're already soaked in sweat." And I did, even if it was hard for me to move.

"Why are you doing this? Do you still love me?" I leaned on his shoulder, tired and exhausted. I was lulled to sleep by the vibrations of his chest, and sadly didn't hear his response.

He took care of me like how a husband would his wife, one thing I missed during our time together. He spent the whole day with me, until he had to leave to settle his own affairs. His lover was probably looking for him, and here he was... spending his time with the woman he loathed the most. Hell, he even left me a note.

'Check your temperature, drink the medicine after dinner, and drink lots of water. Call me.'

I ate the soup he made, it made me want to cry. I don't know how to face him anymore. I don't have the strength to leave the four corners of this suite to face him again on the day of the fashion show.

I closed my eyes as I remembered what had led to me filing for a divorce and fleeing the country. Was I selfish? Or selfless? I didn't need him to shoulder my burden.

I called Sehun to inform him of my scheduled flight, hoping that he would fly back with me and we could talk anytime soon, but the man was currently unavailable. Perhaps he was spending his time with his beau.

Sehun: I'll be in Paris next week ;))

Me: Ugh, whatever, I can't believe I'm second already!!

Sehun: Don't be so dramatic

Looking back, everyone seemed so occupied with their love life. And I couldn't help but be jealous.

It's okay, Lalisa. The important thing is, everyone's living their lives. And you will too, once you leave.

I had spent the two days regaining my strength and energy back. This fever was not gonna test my professionalism.

Time flied so fast that I hadn't realized it was already the day of the fashion show, and my last day before Paris.

***
nous approchons de sa fin <3