chapter 13

Lisa

Flashing neon lights, the smell of booze, dancers in every corner entertaining the guests. Oh, the typical party of Kim Jennie.

She was almost friends with everybody, treating them like her bffs after meeting them for an hour or two.

We took the spiral stairs that led to a more private and less rowdy space. The VIPs. The more poised and collected group.

While Chaeng decided to sit on our table and refuse interaction with anyone, I decided to greet my old friend.

"Don't miss me too much, I'll be back." I winked at her.

"Get lost, Lali. Good thing Jisoo's coming up in a few minutes." she rolled her eyes and busied herself with her phone.

There were many VIPs in the upstairs area. The bachelor sons of famous politicians, some were labeled the black sheep of the family, the old money, and the new money.

Familiar faces of famous heiresses of luxurious jewelry and perfume brands, Joy and Mina.

Their beaus were with them side by side. My eyes quickly noticed the famous idol sitting beside the black swan rather too closely.

"Bammie!" I yelled through the loud music. His eyes immediately widened, taking my form in. His arm was just above his girlfriend's thigh, hence I think I know why they decided on having their own table.

"Liz? Oh fuck!" he smiled like an idiot, as he stood up as we did our signature arm grasp. Mina stared at us with a quiet gaze, she didn't look unhappy, but she wasn't happy either.

"Wait, let me introduce you to my girl. Baby, remember the childhood friend I told you about? This is her! Tomboy Lali turned into a model!" he laughed. His girlfriend's eyes widened and she immediately composed herself.

I guess she knows of my scandals, I won't be surprised if she does.

This time she smiled at me, a sincere one.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mina Myoui." her smile was so ugh... no wonder Bambam fell for her.

She screamed of 'bestie' spirit. Her classic black chic dress contrasted beautifully to her pale skin.

"Likewise." I smiled back. We talked like we knew each other for a very long time. Bambam joined in on us from time to time but for the most part, he just stared at the rowdy crowd downstairs with a drink on his hand.

"You dance right?" she asked, giddily.

"Yes! Since I was a child." I replied with enthusiasm.

"Why don't you come join me next week? I have a studio near your husband's pent and a dance instructor. She teaches different styles of dance!"

"OMG! Yes, and then we can-"

"Eat at Rosé's restaurant!"

Great minds do think alike. We exchanged numbers before I finally left them. Bambam looked at me with desperation when I wanted to open another topic.

"Next week?" I asked her before finally standing up. God, I hate third-wheeling.

"Next week." she smiled.

When I went back to our table, Chaeng was already taking a sip of her champagne and scrolling on her phone while Jisoo was staring intently at the crowd... as if she was looking for someone.

"How's the new drama coming up, unnie? Is the script shitty?" I took a shot.

"It's good, support your big sister and send me a goddamn truck Lalisa. I want to show it off to my bitchy co-stars... and that ugly doctor." she ranted.

"Doctor? Hmmm..."

"My main bitches!" the familiar, fierce voice of Kim Jennie welcomed us. She looked so drunk, yet we knew it was her normal state.

Dressed in a velvet tight off-shoulder dress and a black choker, she stood out from the crowd.

She sat beside me, and poured tequila over the shot glass before taking it.

"So tell me, what. is. up? Let's start with the eldest, shall we?" her cat eyes stared at Jisoo, making the girl sigh.

"Shit ok, so the drama's setting is in the hospital. My role, of course, was a doctor. Then the director made a real doctor demonstrate these procedures. That guy was such an a-hole, he called me slow!"

"And now he needs to be present everytime we film in his hospital! God, I want to escape him!"

We laughed, instead of feeling sorry for her.

"First time that someone didn't feel intimidated by your coolness?" Jennie smirked.

"Oh it's ok unnie. Visit my restaurant anytime so that you can eat your feelings."

"Come on! Take a shot, before we go back to work on Monday!" I poured on the shot glass, some spilled because of my clumsiness.

She took it, closing her eyes as the bitterness enveloped her tastebuds.

"Church girl Ro, go." Jennie said.

"Stop with that nickname!" she glared.

"If you think I won't see that hickey on your neck... now tell me... who took little Ro's innocence?" her taunting voice.

Fuck, I was next. Jennie asking for tea in our life and relationships always ended up with embarassing and snide remarks.

"He gave it to me accidentally! Yeah, that's it!"

"Who?"

"The engineer... incharge with my new house." I could see a tint of red on her cheeks.

"Holy shit-"

"Roseanne!"

She took a shot instead of entertaining anymore questions.

"That leaves our little Lali, tell me, what has the scandalous little model stuck herself into? And where's your husband, I expected his presence."

"Oh... he's busy."

"Does he know your here?"

"He doesn't need to." I dismissed the topic immediately.

My eyes met the bumping and clashing bodies of the crowd on the dancefloor. I could smell the mix of sweat, smoke, and booze even from our table.

"Nini? Care to share?" I crossed my legs and leaned back on the couch, one arm on the shot glass.

"There's nothing much to say... I just love reaching heaven." she winked.

Reaching heaven?

Jennie loved to play with words, she twists them and uses them either to compliment or make a ego-hurting remark.

"Let's dance. I wanna grind on someone..." I stood up, and pulled on Chaeng's hand. She immediately obliged.

I could already feel myself getting lightheaded.

I could feel my sweat travelling down the middle of my chest as I danced my way through the crowd.

Jennie took out a tequila bottle she took from our table and poured it on our mouths. God, the party was so wild.

I suddenly felt a strong push on my back. The impact made me bump a broad back.

My head was spinning, I closed my eyes to steady myself before opening them. My vision was already blurry, the neon lights were making my eyes hurt.

His strong pull on my forearm made me act the way he wanted me to. My back collided with his chest, and I blushed at the feel of something hard on my rear.

The smell of whiskey on his mouth, as he breathed on my neck made me red.

"Dance with me."

===
my bitch-ass be thinking of the drafts for the other girls, fuck... °3°