Good night

~ A few hours later ~

Rey and Taani pulled up outside the Oberoi house after cleaning up. The ride home was spent in comfortable silence.

T: Thank you Rey, mujhe ghar drop karne ke liye.

R: Isme thanks ki koi baat nahi (smiling)

Taani smiled in return and opened the car door to step out. As she exited the car, Rey called her name again.

R: Kya kal tumhari class hai?

T: Haan, kal 10am hai, Intro to Events. Aapke?

R: I think same class hai, kya tum kal class ke baad coffee peene chalogi? Agar akele mein uncomfortable ho toh main Sharon aur Swayam ko bulalunga ya Bhai aur tumhari behen bhi....

Taani cut off his rambling, laughing at his plight.

T: Pure university ko bulane ki koi  zaroorat nahi hai. Hum dono ke jaane mein mujhe koi problem nahi hai.

Rey sighed in relief and smiled at her. Taani stepped out of the car and waved bye to Rey. He waited for her to enter her house before driving away.

------------------Next Day--------------------------------

~ At the university ~

Riddhima rushed through the corridors as she tried to reach her tutorial on time. Due to the unexpected hangover from last night, she had a pounding headache and slept in, only waking after Taani woke her up.

"Wow Basket aur late, pigs must be flying too".

She turned around hearing the obnoxious voice, seeing Armaan staring into the sky, looking for the so-called flying pigs. Riddhima rolled her eyes and continued her walk to the class.

Armaan followed.

A: So Basket, how's the hangover?
R: An absolute delight (sarcastically?
How do you think, Armaan?
A: Wow, Basket and upar se sar dard? Koi mujhe bachao

Riddhima rolled her eyes, well acquainted with his dramatics.

R: Tum mujhe follow kyun kar rahe ho?
A: Khud ko itni flatter mat karo, hum dono ke same class hai.
R: Ek aur?!
A: Course same hai, toh classes bhi similar honge na? Tum chinta mat karo, mujhe miss karne ki chance nahi dunga tumhe.

Amist their bickering, they reached the classroom with a few minutes to spare. Everyone else was already seated and the only seats available were the two near the window, behind Sid and Shilpa.

A&R (muttering under their breaths) you got to be kidding me...

Riddhima walked upto the loved up couple and cleared her throat.

Shilpa: Oh hey Ridz, kaise ho? Sar dard hua kya? Aur pehli dafa late?

Sid:  (smirking) Armaan, tum aur Ridz saath mein aaye ho kya? 

A: Don't be ridiculous, hum bahar mile the
R: Sid, kya tum peche bait sakte ho? Mujhe iske saath baitne mein koi shauk nahi hai
A: Haan, toh main bhi nahi maar raha hu tumhare saath baitne ke liye

The teacher cleared the throat, grabbing the bickering couple's attention at once.

Teacher: If you both are done with your discussion, can you take a seat so I can start?

Armaan and Riddhima both nodded their heads and scrambled into the two empty seats while Sid and Shilpa snickered.

Armaan kicked the back of Sid's chair discreetly.

T: So class, welcome to one of your final classes. My name is Mrs....

Armaan zoned out within the first few seconds, watching Riddhima focusing to the front of the class. He watched as she furrowed her eyebrows and took down notes.

T:....and your partners will be the person who is currently sitting next to you.

Armaan snapped to reality as Riddhima turned her head towards him, shock written all over her face.

A: WAIT WHAT?!
R: THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING?!

They both raised their hands together, ready to fight for a new partner, when the teacher looked at them both pointedly and said, "and they will be no changing of partners, no matter what."