Organising the Party

"Excuse me, can you please put this box over near the food table? And this Shilpa, kidhar chali gaye? (Where did she go?" Riddhima blabbered while preparing for the freshers party.

"Ridz, look I bought all the food. And
Sid and Armaan are bringing the rest."

"Why did you bring Armaan? Kebab mein haddi hai (Hes a bone in a kebab)"

"Leave it yaar. What else needs to be done?"

"Just the food set up. You are already dressed. Can you take care of this while I go and change?"

"Yeah sure."

Riddhima was walking towards her car when she bumped into Armaan. She anticipated the fall that never came. Instead, his arms wrapped around her waist. Riddhima opened her eyes and steadied herself.

"Thank you."

"Kya baat hai. Basket ne mujhe thank you bola. Aaj duniya khatam hone wala hai."

(Will you look at that? Basket said thank you. The world'd going to end)

"Shut up" she repiled and walked away.

She's too adorable-wait, what? Armaan you have lost it. He shook his head and was walking towards the entrance when she heard her curse loudly.

Armaan walked towards the car where a fustrated Riddhima was.

"What happened? Like you, car is not working?"

"Ha ha ha. How am I going to get home?"

"Well, if you ask nicely, maybe I will drop you home."

Riddhima thought for a minute. If I ask him nicely, he will go on about it for the rest of his lives. But I have to be back here in half an hour. Come on Ridz, let your ego go.

"Armaan can you please take me to my house? Please?"

"My pleasure my lady. This way."

She rolled her eyes and followed him to his car. Armaan opened the door and closed it after her.

The world is definitely gonna end, he thought as he walked to the driver's side.