Let me take you home

*couple minutes earlier

Riddhima walks around the party, making sure that everything is going well and isn't out of place. After making sure there was enough refreshments left for the night, she poured herself a glass of the punch, that was left on the table and grabbed a chair to sit down.

Sipping away as she scanned the crowd for familiar faces, her eyes stopped where her best friend was standing with her boyfriend and his best friend. Unbothered to carry the glass around, she quickly chugged the punch down, dimissing the burning sensation as dehydration and walked towards the group.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Armaan was the first to notice Riddhima walking towards them, and it wasn't because how stunning she looked in her dress (as he convinced himself), but that there was an unusual sway to her walk.

Armaan was about to walk up to her and ask if she's okay when he heard Rey's voice call for him behind. He signalled Shilpa towards Riddhima and walked towards where Rey and Taani were standing, looking perplexed.

A: What's up guys? Why do you both look so worried?

R: (pointing towards Swayam) Look how he is behaving. This isn't normal Swayam

T: And his drink had a strong smell of alcohol from it

A: What did he drink?

Taani pointed towards the punch bowl on the table.

A: Oh no, you two come with me

Armaan guided the two youngsters with him where Riddhima was sitting, about to doze off any minute.

Taani, seeing her sister's strange behaviour, shook her by the shoulder to keep her awake and gave her water while Armaan asked Sid to go and grab Swayam and Sharon.

Armaan squatted down to Riddhima's eye level while Shilpa and Taani held her steady.

A: Basket, I am going to take you home now.

Riddhima: (slurred voice) Why would I go home with you? Sasural hai mera?

Armaan stifled a laugh as he bent down to lift her bridal-style and within minutes, Riddhima knocked out in his lap. Armaan gazed at her peaceful face momentarily before directing his attention to Shilpa and Taani.

A: Hey guys, it is time for the party to wrap up anyway. Can you guys clean up a bit and Rey, can you drive the girls home and make sure they reached safely.  I'm going to put Basket in the car and Sharon is taking Swayam home so Sid will stay and help too.

All three nodded obediently and waited for Armaan to leave with Riddhima, before cleaning up.

•••••••••••••••••••••

Taani: (thinking out loud) I hope Di is fine.

As she absentmindedly collected all the scattered plates and cups, she didn't realised when she bumped into Rey.

T: Sorry Rey, I was...

R: It's okay Taani. I understand you are worried but Armaan Bhai hai yahan. Your sister will be fine.

Sharing quick smiles with each other, they both resumed cleaning, unknown to the two seniors adoring their cuteness and reminiscing how their relationship starting with moments like these.