Chapter Thirty-five

You screamed and wriggled under the heavy weight on top of you.

"Get off me you son of a b-" you screamed.

"(y/n)! I didn't mean to collide with you!" exclaimed a familiar voice. "Gosh darn, how does my brother put up with you?"

You stopped and stared into Hop's golden eyes.

"Hop, nice to see you, but get off me."

Hop blushed and quickly stood up, leaving you on the floor. He didn't even offer to help you up. The audacity.

"Hop, I seriously have to go," you said. "My plane's going to leave at any minute."

You pointed at the flight crew gathering their belongings.

"Yeah, you won't have to leave anymore!" Hop exclaimed happily. "If you don't have anywhere to stay, just stay with us! My mom's cool with it."

"But what about all of the people who despise me? How can I live among them?" you questioned.

"Leon's fixing that right now," Hop said cheekily. "Look at the news."

You stared up at the television screen where you had seen the news playing previously.

The news anchor was sitting next to Leon, who looked like he hasn't slept in days. His hair was messier than normal. He wore a suit you never saw before, but it was crinkled and uneven. Dark bags were under his eyes. The sight of him broke your heart. He seemed to be taking this harder than you.

"So, you contacted us saying you were willing to come out with the details of your affair," the anchor started.

"It's not an affair," Leon snapped.

"Right," the anchor rolled their eyes. "So why have you come out now to speak with us?"

"I want to clear the air," Leon said curtly. "There is a lot of misinformation going around."

The anchor was clearly intrigued, judging from the sparkle in their eyes as they realized they would have a groundbreaking story.

"Let's start from the beginning," the anchor said. "How did you and the Galar League competitor (y/n) meet?"

Leon smiled softly as he recollected your memories together. "Well, we first met on the plane... I was very excited to be home after my visit to Kalos... She was the only person on the plane to not make a big deal about my status as a Champion!"

That's an understatement. You didn't like him back then. How wrong of you to do that.

"Weren't you on that trip to visit your girlfriend Diantha?" the anchor asked.

"Well," Leon sighed. "I have a lot to explain."

"To Galar, this seems to be a clear case of a celebrity letting the fame get to their head and cheating on their partner," the anchor stated.

"I am well aware of what it looks like, but I am about to explain why that's wrong," Leon snapped. The anchor wasn't fazed. They motioned for Leon to keep speaking. "The truth is... The relationship between Diantha and I was all a marketing facade."

The anchor looked truly stunned. Clearly they weren't expecting this answer. "A... A marketing facade? Can you elaborate?"

Leon explained the entire situation, from the proposal of the idea to the signing of it.

"-and when I met (y/n), I realized I couldn't abide to the contract anymore," Leon explained. "She's someone special... Diantha fully understands and supports me, and we are currently terminating the contract."

"Even so, what about that video of her and Bede?" the anchor asked. "One of our finest reporters caught the interaction on video."

Leon sternly glared at the anchor. "You guys only know one side of the story. I apologize for sharing this information without (y/n)'s permission, but I think it is in her best interest for this story to be released. Bede has attacked and harrassed (y/n) excessively during the League contest."

"Are you claiming that the Chairman's son is a bully?" the anchor questioned.

"Yes, in fact, he is an abuser," Leon spat. "Mine and (y/n)'s relationship is honest, caring, and loving. I love her, and I will always stand by her side."

Leon turned toward the screen. "(y/n), if you're watching this, I love you. I'm sorry I'm too scared to tell you in person, but I want to declare our love to the world. No more secrets, no more lies. Just us together."

The anchor looked touched. Suddenly, they looked very embarrassed. "Thank you Leon for coming forward with this information. Our reporter will be questioned about his one-sided evidence. With that, Galar Region News, signing off."

The screen jolted to a race car station. You stared at Hop in shock.

"Did he seriously go that far on my behalf?" you squeaked out. "He's going to get in so much trouble..."

"Leon is good at getting himself out of trouble," Hop assured. "My job was to make sure you didn't get on that plane, and it worked."

In your stupor, the flight crew had already boarded and the gate was now closed. You groaned and glared at hop.

"How am I supposed to get home now?" you moaned. "I have nowhere to stay now."

"Didn't you hear me before?" Hop asked. "If your dad won't take you back in, just live with us! Everyone's cool with it already."

"You really mean it?" you asked bashfully.

"You'll stay with Leon in his room," Hop continued. He grimaced. "Just don't wake me up at night."

You blushed profusely and punched him in the arm. "Inappropriate!"

Hop giggled like a school girl. For the first time in several days, you felt a glimmer of hope. Although you weren't completely out of the dog house, at least now your name has been cleared. You knew that some people wouldn't accept what Leon said as fact yet, but this was progress.

You couldn't help but worry, however. Leon surely wouldn't be getting away with this lightly. This would likely embarrass the Chairman as Bede is his son.

But for now, you realized that now you have another chance to lead a life with Leon in Galar. You couldn't ask for anything better.

Thank you for the read and don't forget to vote!