Chapter Eleven

Extra song cuz why not

You spent the next few days to focus on your training at the docks and the grassland surrounding the city. You did spend a lot of time texting Leon, though you kept your texts friendly. He, however, would sneak in a flirt every now and then, but by now you realized that this could just him being kind. After all, it's hard to tell someone's motives over text.

During the first day of your extended stay, Gym Leader Nessa sought you out. You recalled the memory.

"So, you're Challenger (y/n), right?" someone behind you asked.

Currently, you were sitting on the docks looking over the sea next to your prized Manectric. Its Mega Stone glittered in the sunlight.

"Yes," you replied, turning around to see Nessa.

"I came here to speak to you about your potential," Nessa informed you and took a seat next to you. "I have never seen somebody with such skill like yours in a decade."

"O-Oh really? Thanks," you stammered, thankful for the compliment.

"I think you have the potential to become the next Champion," Nessa continued. "Do not give up on your dreams. We need some female representation!"

You laughed lightly. "I'll be sure to win."

"Good, the last time somebody had potential definitely washed away the region," Nessa sighed.

"Who were they?"

"None other than Leon."

You swore that you would become the Champion. Now, it was no longer to spite Leon, but it was to prove to the world that you were strong enough. You were sick and tired of people underestimating you.

Rose. People from your past.

You were rising.

---

Your stay in Hulbury had come to an end. It was time to head to Motostoke. Hop had called you earlier that day, complaining about you not arriving in Motostoke yet. Apparently, he was waiting for you to show up before challenging the gym, so you could do this journey together.

Each gym in the Gym Challenge gave you a week to challenge. It was three days into the third week, meaning you had four left before you could no longer participate.

Of course, you were allowed to challenge the Gyms when it wasn't in season, just the Championship Matches were held during this time.

The Flying Taxi line was busy right now, so you decided to get a head start as you waited for an opening. Walking down the closest route, you noticed a trainer with fluffy, platinum blonde and a dark pink coat. You decided to ignore them, not in the mood to interact with anyone.

"Hey you!" shouted the trainer.

You whipped around, startled.

"Yes, you!" spat the trainer. "You think you could walk past and ignore me?"

He narrowed his eyes at you and you suddenly recognized him.

"Oh, it's the Champion's endorsement!" he said in a sickly sweet voice, as if mocking you.

"I wonder who you are," you replied, rolling your eyes, hoping your comment would get to him.

"You remember who I am. I am Bede, and I want to see what's so special about you," Bede hissed.

Without warning, he sent out two Pokemon. One was a Solosis, who stood in front of him in a battle stance. The other was a Galarian Ponyta, which stood behind you to prevent you from escaping. You glowered at Bede. He really was asking for it.