Chapter Twenty-six

First off, shout out to LeafeontheAvacado88 she is making an amazing Leon x Reader story of her own! I suggest y'all read and follow her and her story while waiting for new chapters of this story to come out!

Also you're welcome for the photo.

You stared into Leon's honey-gold eyes. His eyes were unreadable, making it hard to figure out exactly what he was thinking at that moment.

You both stood awkwardly in your living room, too nervous to sit down.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" you asked, breaking the silence.

Leon let out a deep breath. "So, I took time to think about our conversation from yesterday." Leon tugged on the collar of his shirt. "I wasn't being entirely honest."

Your heart dropped. You had a feeling this conversation wasn't going to be light-hearted. There was the possibility that Leon only confessed a slight attraction for you out of pity of what happened with Bede. You internally hoped this wasn't the case.

"About what?" you asked, brushing off your negative thoughts.

"I didn't tell you the full truth," Leon said. "I think I ought to do that now, though."

"Everything sounded pretty clear," you said. "What else could there be?"

Leon cracked a nervous smile. "How about I start from the beginning? First off, I'd like you to know Piers and I are very close friends, which is unknown to the public. Most of the public believes my only best friend is Raihan."

"Over the last few weeks, I've been talking to Piers," Leon said.

"About what?" you asked.

"About you," admitted Leon. "As weird as it sounds, hear me out. From the beginning, I've felt an undeniable attraction to you. That I didn't lie about."

Your cheeks turned slightly red at the comment.

"We already established that," you said, trying to feign confidence.

"Yes, but I didn't tell you how attracted I am to you," Leon explained. He took in a deep breath, staying silent.

"Well?" you prodded curiously.

"When I first met you on that plane, I felt a spark even when you dissed me in front of an audience," Leon said.

You smirked as you remembered that. "That was funny, I'll admit. Even though I was wrong about you."

Leon chuckled. "You're right, I even thought it was funny at the time."

"I can't believe how mean I was to you at the time," you said.

"Remember when I first came to introduce myself here the first day you moved to Galar?" Leon asked.

You cringed.

"I'm so embarrassed I acted like that in front of my dad, too!" you exclaimed.

"That was the day I realized that I loved your fiery spirit," said Leon. "My next memory. The day I finally won you over during our little match."

"Guess you're not the unbeatable champion since I won," you remarked.

"Hey, that's not true!" Leon whined. "I purposefully used baby starter Pokémon. And I didn't even try!"

You laughed. "I know, I know... if you actually tried you'd wipe the floor with me."

"That's the spirit!" Leon joked.

You rolled your eyes, softly smiling.

"And the next great memory, the night we camped together," Leon continued.

You blushed as you thought about it. You remembered the feeling of his strong, muscular arms wrapped around your waist, pulling you into his toned chest. You remembered his sea breeze and sandalwood scent. How soft his hair was.

You snapped yourself out of your thoughts, feeling sad that those moments were in the past. What you'd do to bring those moments back.

"I don't think you noticed, but I woke up and I was cuddling you," Leon admitted, his face flushed.

"I noticed," you replied shortly.

Leon looked as though he was going to die. "Y-You did?"

It wasn't often that the tough champion got flustered. You found it endearing. 

"Yeah, I just didn't want to make things awkward," you replied.

Leon stares down at the ground, defeated at last.

"How about we continue on?" Leon said. "Around that time I started to realize something. I was beginning to feel things for you that I haven't felt in a long time. I was starting to have a crush on you. The last time I felt like this, it didn't end well. That's why I haven't been honest."

"It's okay," you assured, confused as to where he was getting at.

"So let's move on," Leon sighed. "Then you found out about Diantha before I could tell you myself. Look, I know I was rude at the time, but I was fully intending on telling you once we got to know each other better."

"I'm sorry that I overreacted still," you said guiltily.

"We are past that," Leon said. "Anyway, I think that's where my feelings for you grew. I realized I might lose you."

Leon looked at the ceiling. "And then you confessed to me. If I'm being honest, it's surreal how someone as fantastic as you can like me. Sure, I'm the champion, but otherwise I'm pretty ordinary."

"You're definitely not ordinary," you commented.

Leon ignored your comment. His eyes started to look teary. "Then I got the call from Piers that you had been attacked. By that Challenger Bede. My heart broke, I thought you might be gone. That's when I realized the biggest thing."

You held your breath in anticipation.

"I love you, (y/n)."

That was enough to make your heart melt. You stared at him, unsure of what to say. You knew you had a goofy smile on your face and Leon returned the same expression.

Two little dorks.

"I'm glad you're okay, and not to change the subject, but Bede has been banned from the Gym Challenge," Leon continued, but you weren't listening. "Well it turns out he also severely damaged the mural in Stow-on-Side and..."

You got up from where you were sitting and approached Leon. He immediately fell silent as he watched, confused.

You sat right next to him and didn't think. You pressed your lips onto his, feeling butterflies in your stomach.

1014 words

Thank you for the read and don't forget to vote!