Chapter Thirty-six

You were bewildered by what Leon had just done for you. He was risking his image, relationships, and even career by confessing the truth for the entire world to see.

Hop practically dragged you out of the airport. He made it clear that in no uncertain terms that you were leaving Galar now. You haven't received a call from your dad yet, so you were unsure if he saw Leon's message on the news.

You and Hop boarded a flying taxi to take you both back to Postwick.

---

When you reached Postwick, you practically flew off the flying taxi and sprinted to Hop and Leon's home. You burst inside, frantically searching for Leon.

"(y/n), is that you dear?" called Leon's mom from upstairs.

"Yes, where is Leon?" you replied.

Leon and Hop's mom walked down the stairs to meet you. "I don't know, honey. He is likely still in Wyndon as that is where the Galar News is located. How about you stay and have a snack? I'd like to get to know my future daughter-in-law."

You blushed profusely. "I apologize for bursting in."

"It's quite alright, things sure seem to be hectic for the two of you," she replied.

"That's an understatement," you laughed. "I just want to check in with him."

Leon's mom grinned at you. "What a kind girl you are! Leon chose well."

You smiled sheepishly. "Do you really think so?"

"I was so sad when Leon first told me about his fake relationship with Diantha," she replied. "I wanted him to feel real love, like how I was with their father."

She looked sad for a second. You never asked Leon about his father before... What happened?

"My husband passed away back when they were mere children," Leon's mother continued. "While Hop was too young to remember, it really affected Leon as he was 9 years old. He threw himself into the Galar Gym Challenge, and it turned him into the champion he is today at the age of 10."

You stared at the ground awkwardly. So that was why Leon put so much time and effort into being the Champion. It was an escape from his grief. You couldn't imagine being so young yet losing one of your parents.

Leon's mom cleared her throat. "Perhaps that was a bit too heavy for this moment."

"It's fine," you assured.

"Well, let's get you a snack," Leon's mom said. She pulled out a container that was filled with homemade cookies. "I hope these will be good."

Your eyes were shining. You loved cookies. She placed the container in front of you, and you didn't hesitate to pull out a delectable cookie. It smelled like heaven. You took a bite and grinned wildly. You'd marry Leon if it meant you could have his mom's cookies more often.

As you were munching on your cookies, Hop finally came in.

"(y/n), what have you been eating?! You're so quick, I can barely keep up," Hop said.

You rolled your eyes. Hop was usually the one sprinting away too fast. Now he had a taste of his own medicine.

"Just get faster," you mumbled out, mouth full with cookie.

"Nasty, don't talk with your mouth full," Hop chastised.

You smirked to yourself. Being with Leon means joining this wonderful family. You could get used to this. For once, you were able to forget about all of the drama surrounding you and just be yourself.

---

After awhile, it was dark. Leon has not arrived home yet, and you were getting tired. Leon's mom hesitantly allowed you to stay in his room. She instructed you to leave the door open at all times, especially when he got back. You thought it was funny; he was an adult and the Champion of Galar, yet she still was protective of him.

You laid back on his bed, feeling drowsy after eating the cookies. They were amazing, of course.

You closed your eyes and began to drift off to sleep. You let out a deep sigh.

As you were almost asleep, you heard the door slightly creak, and the sigh of a man. Then a surprised, yet quiet, gasp.

Leon was back.

You pretended to be asleep and didn't open your eyes. Leon mumbled something to himself. There was some rustling, then you felt a weight next to you on the bed. So, he was joining you.

For a second, all was still. Then, you felt a hand stroke your head. Leon ran his fingers through your hair, gently carresing you.

You slightly leaned to his touch, hoping he wouldn't notice. You then heard him yawn.

"I am so glad you chose not to leave Galar," Leon whispered quietly, as if not to wake you. "I don't think I could be without you."

You hid a smile.

"You know, I meant what I said on the Galar News," he continued. "I really do love you."

Without warning, you leapt over and kissed him on the lips. He barely stifled a scream, and grabbed you by the shoulders.

He briefly kissed you back, then pulled away. "It's rude to pretend to be asleep, y'know."

"You can't be mad at me; you love me," you teased.

Leon rolled his eyes at you.

"-and I love you too," you said while grinning.

Leon smiled bigger than you have ever seen him smile before. He pulled you in for another kiss. This one lasted awhile, until both of you needed to breath.

"As I said I would, I took care of everything," Leon said.

"Oh yeah, we should talk about that," you replied, growing serious.

"That can wait until tomorrow," Leon insisted. "Let's get a good rest together. Today was too emotional, even for me."

"Agreed," you sighed.

He wrapped his arms around you, then pulled you down on the bed. You nestled into his chest.

"Goodnight, Leon," you whispered.

"Goodnight, (y/n)."

Thank you for the read and don't forget to vote!