Chapter Two

You internally groaned as you locked eyes with Leon. His bright, yellow eyes shone with excitement, which faded to shock when he realized who you were. Next to him was a kid around your age, who had the same purple hair, although shorter. His eyes were scarily alike to Leon's. He was probably Leon's brother.

"So, this is your daughter, Mr. (l/n)?" Leon asked uncomfortably.

"Yes," your father answered with a soft smile. "(y/n), this is Leon and his younger brother Hop."

What a strange name. Hop.

Hop ran over to you excitedly.

"Hey! Hop's the name, though he just said that," Hop exclaimed energetically. "I'm a Pokemon Trainer, and the next champion after Leon!"

"Uh, hello," you replied shyly, unsure of what to say.

Your Electrike rubbed against your leg, looking up at the stranger warily.

"Oh! An Electrike," Hop exclaimed, bending down to look at it. "Are you a Pokemon Trainer, too? You certainly don't look like one."

Electrike snarled at Hop for being rude to you. Leon walked up and put a hand on Hop's shoulder.

"Hey, that's enough, we don't want to offend the lady," Leon laughed kindly. Hop's face turned slightly pink and he backed away.

"Y-Yeah, sorry," Hop murmured, embarrassed.

"So you're my neighbor?" you asked Leon, narrowing your eyes at Leon.

Leon sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "I guess so."

"Pardon my daughter, she's had a long day moving to a whole new region," your dad interrupted quickly, giving you a look of warning to change your attitude.

"Anyway, I'm going to head out," Leon said. "Hop, you coming?"

"Actually, (y/n), do you want to hangout? Maybe I could teach you about becoming a Pokemon Trainer!" Hop exclaimed.

So, Hop was as cocky as his older brother. But something about him was a little less annoying than Leon, and you needed new friends.

"Sure, how about you come upstairs? My Eevee is up there," you replied.

"You have an Eevee?!" Hop exclaimed with stars practically in his eyes.

Leon looked shock at how friendly you were to his brother. "Well, nice meeting you." With that, he left. Hop rushed upstairs, excited to meet your Eevee.

"Eevees are so difficult to find in the Galar region," Hop explained. "Especially since Eevees evolve naturally here into all its known evolutions in the wild."

"Really? I've never heard of a wild eeveelution," you replied.

"Yeah, my brother caught a Vaporeon the other day," Hop said admiringly. "I really wish I could find a wild Eevee or one of its evolutions. They're so strong!"

Your Eevee came out from hiding, happily chirping at Hop's compliment. Hop gasped and picked it up, rubbing its soft neck.

"It's so fluffy!" Hop squealed.

"Be careful, she's very sensitive," you warned.

"I will, Leon always raised me to treat Pokemon like humans. They're just as important as us," Hop replied.

So, the arrogant fool had a soft spot for Pokemon.

"Do you look up to Leon?" you asked.

"Do I? Of course! He's my hero," Hop replied enthusiastically. "He's always been there for me and he's the champion!"