Chapter Twenty-seven

The two week moratorium passed by very quickly and you enjoyed yourself. You and Leon hung out daily without interruption. Nothing really happened other than talking, but it was enjoyable to have him around.

You weren't officially dating due to complications with his situation with his contracted relationship with Diantha, but you definitely were more than friends. Leon promised to discuss with the Galar League board about his contract with Diantha so you could be together. But that wouldn't be for awhile, as Leon still had a couple months to go before they decided on renegotiating the contract.

What surprised you the most over the last couple of weeks was the lack of visits from Hop. Usually he was one of the first to come knocking at your door, but he hasn't come to see you once. It definitely wasn't because of Leon; Hop had no clue what was happening between the two of you. You planned on telling him soon as you didn't believe in keeping secrets, but that was hard when he was a no-show.

Back to reality. Currently, you were getting ready to set back out on your journey to the fifth city. You were quite excited about this next phase of the Gym Challenge. It was in the town of Ballonlea. You heard about this gym from Leon. Apparently, this was one of the most beautiful sights in Galar. It was in a dark forest that was lit up by beautiful, glowing mushrooms of many pastel colors. The Gym was Fairy-type, meaning you had an advantage with Toxtricity by your side. Toxtricity was starting to grow on you. It was in low-amp form and you loved the cool look of blue electricity.

Best part of this Gym experience was that Leon agreed to travel with you through the next town. You didn't know why, but you didn't question it.

You changed into your favorite travel outfit and waited in your living room to wait for Leon to arrive.

You didn't have to wait long before there was a knock on the door. Before you could get up, Leon came inside.

"Hey, this isn't your house," you said snarkily, although you were smiling.

"Yet," Leon replied cheekily.

You scoffed. "We're not even near to the point where we move in together!"

Leon came up to you, wrapping an arm around your waist. Your face flushed as you realized your faces were mere inches apart.

"You're right, but that won't keep me away from you," Leon said.

He started to lean in. He pulled away at the last second, much to your disappointment.

"Gotcha," Leon said.

You playfully punched his arm. "You damn tease."

Leon laughed and grabbed your hand, interlocking your fingers. "Let's get going, shall we?"

You smiled bashfully and nodded. Leon lead you outside to Charizard. What you didn't notice before was that Charizard had a saddle that flying taxi drivers used for their Pokemon. No wonder Leon got around so quickly. His Charizard was flying him around!

"Charizard will take us to Stow-on-Side outside of the forest path," Leon explained. "Sorry for not taking us all the way to Ballonlea, but I really want to show you the forest."

"I'm excited to see it," you replied.

As you looked at Charizard, you realized there was only one seat. How were you going to get there?

Leon patted Charizard's side. "Come here, I'll help you get on."

You approached slowly, unsure of what to do.

"I'll help you get up," Leon said. You stood still next to Charizard, waiting for instructions.

Leon's hands clasped around your waist, causing you to squeak.