✰𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬✰

{Third Person | Focus ~ No One}

Alexander rose up onto the balls of his feet, trying desperately to reach the blue book at the top of the brown wooden bookshelf. Thomas didn't make his struggle any better—snickering at their failed attempts, getting a kick out watch his husband jump up and down, getting so close, yet still so far. Alex stomped over to Thomas and yanked on his ear, forcing him up and pulling him towards the shelf. "Ow! Okay, Okay!" "Just get the damn thing." Alexander walked back to the couch, sitting down with a smile. Thomas grumbled a few words before grabbing the book from off the shelf and sitting down next to Alex.

Thomas ran his fingers across the book, making a face at the immaculate amount of dust accumulated. "How long has it been since we've touched this book?" Though he asked an rhetorical question, Alex came up with an estimate. "Around six years I think?" Thomas pinched the end of the cover—not wanting to get dust on his hands—and opened up their high school yearbook. The first page of the book contained the photos of all the school administrators including the principal. The both of them skipped through the pages of the 'Important People' of the school and looked at their school photos.

Alexander despised his picture. A strange and tacky color of green on his stripped shirt, their brown and frizzy hair placed into a messy ponytail, teenage pimples and an awkward smile. But Thomas thought it was cute, and not just because if thought otherwise, he would be slapped the shit out of. Thomas wasn't fond of how his picture turned out, but he didn't resent it. His kinky and puffy hairstyle taking up most of the photo, A white-ish smile, wide eyes, thick glasses, and a simple purple polo. "Can we both agree that these photos look horrible." Thomas responded without hesitation. "Yeah."

But they weren't even the worst ones, actually, they could be considered the best of the worst. But the photos of their friends weren't too horrendous though. The next page contained all of the clubs that the school had held during their senior year. "Book club, all of the sports clubs, arts..oh! Dance club!" By this time, Philip had walked down stairs to grab himself a cold juice box when he saw his parents taking a trip down memory lane. This trip peaked his curiosity, wanting to come along from the ride too. "Whatcha doin'?" Alex looked up and smiled at Philip's arrival. "Just looking through our yearbook from the dark ages."

"Philip, shouldn't you be in bed?" Thomas questioned. Alexander pulled Philip towards the couch, sitting him in between the both of them. "Babe just let him stay, it'll be fun." Thomas crossed him arms, slightly frustrated. "I thought this was supposed to be our thing but okay.." He mumbled. Alexander patted his husband's head with puckered lips. "It's okay baby." Philip followed along with the teasing, finding amusement in this behavior. "You need your pacifier?" Thomas bit back at his son though. "You still cuddle with your stuffed animals, still can't sleep without a night light?"

Philip's mouth flew wide open, he put a hand on his chest, have taken much offence to the remark. "That-that was mean, you know, you wouldn't like it-" Thomas gasped, completely ignoring the comment. "This brings back so many memories.." Philip looked at the group photo, finding his fathers recognizable faces, and scrunching up his face at their appearances. "Wow, ya'll were some ugly people." "Uhm, excuse you?" The boy covered his mouth, comprehending what he had just said.  "Sorry."

"Wait a minute. Alex?"

"Hm?"

"Do you remember that one play? Or musical, I think it was a musical."

Alexander placed his face into his hands and began to laugh, feeling the embarrassment flow back in. He groaned and leaned back onto the couch. "Why would you remind me. It was good but bad." Thomas furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "So your calling our love story bad?" "You know I don't mean it like that." The mention of a musical theater piece with an entanglement of a love story intrigued him. "Could you tell me about the good but bad play- musical thingy?" Thomas made a face of uncertainty,  as recalling this tale would be cringe worthy but fun. "Please! You know I'm into romance!" But Alexander didn't see a problem with it. "Why not?"

"Yes!"

"But you have to go to sleep first." Philip, without saying a word, scampered back up the stairs and into his room. "Now that James' protégé is gone. Why don't we continue this train-wreck?" "Hell yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was edited by future JamiltonStoryWriter, the original chapter was utter garbage and made me physically cringe so like. Yey.