Chapter 15: A Jamilton Christmas, Not So Much

~Third Person POV~

            Alex's eyes fluttered open, blinking a few times just to clear his cloudy vision. He felt a warm body right behind him, there was no type of space between the unknown source of warmth. He tried to stretch out because he felt stiff but he was trapped underneath someone's arm. Alex slowly turned his head, his body wiggling around to catch up. Alexander horrified to see Thomas right in front of his face, to make matters worse, they were fucking spooning. Alex yelped but quickly covered his mouth when he saw Thomas stirring. Thomas opened his eyes and immediately started to stretch.

(That morning stretch be hittin different)

            Thomas rubbed his eyes, looked over at Alexander, and smiled. "Good morning darlin'." He asked, southern accent kicking in from the get-go. Thomas expected to hear something from Alex but he didn't respond. "Alex?" Nothing. "Alexander?" Thomas started snapping his fingers in Alex's face. Alex didn't respond because he couldn't respond. All he was thinking was:

"Hot damn, that morning voice is sexy as fuck."

            Alexander heard a faint voice calling his name, and it gradually got louder until he fully snapped out of his thoughts. Thomas was obnoxiously shaking the living hell out of Alex. "Alexander!"

"Yes?!"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah...just thinking."

"What you were thinking about?"

Alexander blushed and tried to change the subject without looking too suspect. 

            "Uhm, it's nothing you should worry about, hey look! More snow!" Alex fake gasped and pointed to the huge window nearby the bed. Thomas quickly diverted his attention to the window. He pressed his face and hands onto the window, looking outside like a little kid on a snow day. Alex sighed and relaxed. He got up from the bed so he could stretch. Alex couldn't lie, he liked being all cuddley with Thomas, especially after a panic attack. It felt..right

            Suddenly, Thomas had a wonderful idea. "We should be decorate the dorm for Christmas!" Alex groaned, he didn't go through the trouble of buying all the stuff, then having it up for about a week, and having to take it down and find somewhere to put it. And Christmas brought back some...memories. "Do we have to?"

"Yes the fuck we do." 

"Okay, but before we leave, I need breakfast."

"I can do that."

                                                  ~Timeskipie~

            "Hey Lex, look at this!" Thomas held up a big Christmas wreath with vanilla colored lights on it. "And look.." Thomas pointed to a set of wall lights. "We can hang these up on the wall." Alex hummed. "That's nice." Alexander turned around and walked away, searching for other things. Thomas started to get worried.

Alex had been 'meh' the whole shopping trip. Nothing seems to make him happy or 'in the Christmas Spirit'. Thomas ran up to Alex, trying to figure out the problem. "Alexander, is something bothering you? You seem out of it." 

"I. Am. Fine" Alexander snapped back. "Okay Mr. Grinch." Thomas mumbled.

Alexander didn't mean to be rude, it's just that the trip reminded him of him and his mother's last Christmas shopping trip together. 

                                                ✨Flashback✨

            "Mommy, look!"  Alex had put a small Christmas wreath around his neck and danced around with it. Rachel chuckled. "Aw look at my little Christmas tree." Alex giggled and took his mother's hand again. Alexander skipped down the isles with the occasional cartwheel. "Are you trying out your tricks from dance class?" "Yeah, I learned something new, look!" Alexander put his hands up, flexed them, and slowly slid down into a straddle with pointed toes. Rachel smiled and clapped.