Chapter 10: The Auditions

~The morning after~

                                                               ~Alex POV~

            I woke up in agonizing PAIN. Not to mention I slept on the fucking couch. I guess that work out was a lil too much for me. I didn't know the windows were open, so once I opened my eyes, the stupid sun was shinning and burning in my eyes. I groaned. I didn't wanna move, but I smelled the wonderful smell of Thomas' cooking. And plus I had to go to school. As much as I love school, I am NOT an early bird by any means. (Same Alex)

            Then I felt someone, presumably Thomas, grab me, picked me up, and set me onto the stool in front of the island. I quickly laid my head down on the cool marble countertop. I heard the sound of a paper plate getting slid towards me.

             I've heard that sound so many times. Martha would always push my plate towards me, then I heard her heels 'click' every time they came in contact with the wooden linen floors of the Washington Household. She would do that every time I was upset or would refuse to talk to her or Washington. But right now, I was just tired from something dumb that I did the night before, then immediately start to regret the next day. It's basically a classic Alex move.

            I slowly raise my head and look at the food that was on my plate. A fluffy biscuit with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top, sweet jam on some crispy toast, frizzled fried chicken with some nice and tasty waffles. Also some freshly squeezed OJ. And it all smelled wonderful. The classic southern breakfast.

"Thank you." I croaked, my voice still trying to catch up with the rest of my body. Thomas grinned. 

            "Don't worry 'bout it darlin', you just eat, get ready for school and the auditions~" Thomas drawled, His accent being prominent in the morning, just I as had remembered it. He skipped off, all smiley and giddy. Wonder what he was so happy about? You know what, fuck him I'm hungry as hell. I start to scarf down the food like a mad man that hasn't eaten in weeks. Usually I would be a bot self conscious about how I eat, but I'm too hungry to care.  

                  ~Timeskip to the last class bc I'ma lazy fuck~

                                       (Lil' Jam Jam fluff for ya)

                                                  ~Thomas POV~

            I couldn't even focus on whatever the hell Washington was saying, and I to be honest I couldn't care less. I was too excited and nervous. Me and Alex were working all week for the auditions and the day in finally here. I was jittery and shaky. Alex must've sense my uncanny nervousness  because he looked over and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, it's gonna be fine. Whatever happens just happens okay?" He said, trying to keep a hushed tone. 

"I know but I have never really sung in front of anybody before.." I whispered, trying to keep a low profile also.

            "I've heard you! Your amazing, and to hell with anybody that thinks otherwise." Alex warmly smiled over at me, his had words relaxed and comforted me immediately. I couldn't help but blush at his words. All my jitters had went away I smiled. Almost instantly after the moment was over, the bell rang. All of the student started to grab their things to head out but Washington loudly cleared his throat, obviously to get our attention. 

            "Don't forget, the auditions for the school play are tonight at 6:00PM, so be on time to ensure that you get your spot. And I'm sure I'll be seeing some of you later on." Washington smiled and looked in our direction, specifically towards the end of his sentence. Then he walked out the door.