Chapter 14: Let's Talk About Kissing

~Third Person POV~

                                                           3 months later

  (I am very sorry, I might change the amount of months later tho)

            It was December and the cold and bitter weather was a constant. There's ice on the sidewalk and snow beautifully painted all the trees and the roofs of building, making it look like a winter wonderland. Hats, mittens, gloves, scarves, etc, every student was seen wearing them every time they went out. The cast of "I Wish" were getting more and more familiar with each other and the schedules. People weren't using the scripts anymore and everyone remembers their positions. To say that Washington and King were proud of them is an understatement. The students had barely any help from the two men and they've already accomplished so much. The only thing they really haven't gotten to is the ending song. Where everyone comes together, dances, and has the fairytale ending. With the addition of a sweet kiss that is shared between the two main characters. 

             That's what Alexander was worried about. Even though he was just an understudy, and Samuel having to take a leave of absence for whatever reason was unlikely, it still bothered him. The thought stayed at the back of his mind, poking fun at him when ever he wanted. Even preforming in front of people didn't faze him too much anymore, but the thought of kissing his dearest best friend was absolutely traumatizing. 

But, wasn't that what Alexander wanted?

            He talked about how he was gonna tell Thomas his feelings, but the opportunity is coming around and Alexander isn't all for it. He almost kissed the boy months ago, what happened?

Alexander knew that today was the day that they would finally rehearse the last song of the play together. But atleast he wouldn't be doing all of the work, right? 

                                    BEEEEEEEEEEEP WRONG ANSWER

Alex took a deep breath before opening the auditorium doors. Once got in, he did what he always did, scan the room. Everyone was there, practicing and stretching as always. The room full of chatter. Alexander smiled and start to walk over to his group of friends. He felt relieved, he had seen everyone there.

Except for Samuel.

            Alexander's eyes widened as he looked back at the door, where could the boy be? He was just there last week. Alexander scurried over to his friends, and plopped down onto the floor, mumbling a string of curses. Herc scooted over nearby Alex and decided to say hello.

"What's up Alex, you seem a bit off.." 

"What? Me off, Noooo...I'm..I'm cool." 

           Herc looked back at Laf and they both shrugged at each other. Thomas on the other hand was extremely excited to finish the play. Everyone had worked so hard, and it was all gonna come together. Thomas nudged Alex's shoulder a little bit, startling the small boy. 

"What, what, yes what do you want damnit?"

            Thomas flinched a bit, taken back by his tone. Just two days ago they were singing their hearts out to Heathers and Beetlejuice songs, then getting knocks on their door from people nearby their dorm. Now bitchy Alex had come out of it's hidey-hole to play. Alexander sighed, just realizing his actions.

"Sorry, just nervous."

"About what darlin'?" 

Alexander shook his head, not wanted his best friend to worry about his anxieties.