✰𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐍𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐞✰

{Third Person | Focus ~ Thomas}

Thomas carelessly threw his boxes into the chilly dorm room, too tired to care about what happens to it. The car drive from Virginia to New York was no joke, it took him around six hours just to get into the state, not to mention the drive to Kings itself. He threw himself onto the green bed that lied in his room, sighing, knowing that at some point he was going to need multiple things in the boxes he brought. Knowing that he needed to unpack everything one of these days. But he put that aside and raveled himself into the blanket on the bed and closed his eyes, they slightly burned due to the lack of closing them. But it felt nice nonetheless. As he began to doze off, his vision going dark, his ringtone sung noisily and his phone vibrated in his pocket. 

He groaned loudly and rolled his eyes, fishing his phone out of his pocket and squinting at the caller id. James what the hell do you want? He still swiped right to answer, thinking that it could be an emergency he was calling about. "Hello?" "Hey! Whassup?" Thomas' eyes went wide, blinking repeated in disbelief. "You..called me.." James nodded, but realized the both of them were on the phone, so he responded. "Yes.." "To ask me what the fuck 'sup?" The younger Virginian raised his eyebrow. "Someone's grouchy today.." Thomas huffed. "Sorry, I'm tryin' to get sleep and your not makin' it easy on me." "Well, what if I was in danger and your the only person that could save me?" Thomas scowled at his phone.

"I'll see you in hell." "Wow, how do you know I won't get into heaven?" Thomas snickered as a response, smiling when he heard his friend gasp. "Meanie." He could sense his pouting from a mile away. "It's fine, we'll be there together." "Aw, see, it's moments like these that prove that your not a bitch." "First of all, I'm not a bitch, second of all, could you get off my line please?" It was when he asked the question, that he heard the door being opened along with some quiet talking, but couldn't hear what the person was saying. Then he heard the rolling of wheels which he assumed was a suitcase, but he didn't want to come out just yet. "You are a bitch, except for when your around Alexaaaannder, He's the only person your nice to."

Thomas chuckled. "That is not true, he just takes my jokes better than you do." "What do you mean? Your jokes are so rude! How could I not be offended?" Thomas pursed his lips. "Just remember that I don't really mean what I say." "Whatever, I'll call you later. I have some important things to do and your holding me up." The Southerner furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What? Your the one who..called me." He realized that James had hung up mid-sentence. He wanted to be mad, but he couldn't, it was a nice joke. He sat at the foot of his bed and rubbed his eyes, remembering what James had said.

He had missed Alexander, and it's been getting a lot more evident lately. With him scrolling through their pictures, and thinking heavily on the memories they've shared. Needless to say, he 's been on the brain a lot. It would be nice to hear from him.. He sighed, shaking the thoughts out of his head and got up, opening the door. He yawned, stretching outward, and shaking his head. He looked in front of him only to find a person sitting down on the blue small bed. He put on a smile and walked up to Alex to greet him. "Hello, my name is Thomas!" "Oh, hi-" Alexander stopped in his tracks when he saw who he was speaking to. "Thomas Jefferson...?"  "Alexander Hamilton.." Thomas blinked, staring at him. He couldn't seem to move. Alexander was beaming with wide eyes and a smile on his face, he quickly embraced Thomas.

He stumbled back, wrapping his arms around him and resting his head on his, laughing. Alex buried his face into his chest, the scent of coco butter hitting him almost instantly, bringing back memories. Thomas gained his balance back, pulling him closer and hugging him tighter. Their wrists were buzzing lightly, softly engraving a part of two different letters. The both of them stood there, only wishing that this moment could last forever. But alas, Alexander needs air to survive, and Thomas' strength was cutting off his oxygen. "Thomas..I can't breathe." Alexander murmured breathily. "Oh! Sorry." Thomas let go and placed his hands by his side. Alex couldn't contain his excitement. "Oh my gosh! I haven't seen you it like three years! How's it been?" "A little hectic, especially this past week. I couldn't stop thinkin' 'bout you though.."

Alexander looked away, lightly blushing at the thought. "Sorry I said that.." -ZAP- Thomas grabbed his wrist and grunted softly, rubbing the pain away. He was surprised that he would blurt something like that out. "No! No, it's fine. I'm glad I wasn't forgotten. I've kept you in mind too." Thomas smiled and clapping his hands, then clasping them together, exhaling. "So..do you need help unpacking?" "Eh..I don't have too much. Just a whole lotta clothes and some books and things." Thomas sat down on his bed, peaking into his large box, humming. He pulled out a small green book photo book, blowing the small dust bunnies off. "What's this?" He questioned, opening it up to the front page. "Oh, I dunno, why don't we read it?" He sat next to him, tilting his head and looking into the book.

Thomas looked at the sweet photograph of Alexander and his mother, smiling at it. "I have never seen Racheal without a smile on her face." Alex chuckled. "Out of my eight years of knowing her, I haven't either." Thomas turned the page, looking at an image of Alex' father along with his two siblings. But something seemed strange about their overall aura. "Why so somber?" Alex scanned the picture and shrugged. "They were never really the happy type anyway." Thomas flipped to the third page, aweing at Alexander's younger self. Alex snatched the book out of his hand and put it aside, making an unseasy, and disgusted face.  "You don't need to see that stuff.." "Aw! C'mon, you were cute! I mean..you still are cute- Your not..But..just shut up Thomas." He covered his eyes with his hands, blushing, feeling embarrassed.

Alex released a breath that resembled a laugh. "You..think I'm cute?" "I uhm..y-yeah." He tucked a few strands of his hair behind his ear, his face burning up. "Thanks.." -ZAP-  A semisoft pain struck in his wrist. He winced and shook his hand. "Ow.." "You felt it too?" He nodded rapidly. "Yeah, what is that?" Thomas shrugged. "Maybe it's...I actually don't know what it could be.." The room was quickly filled with silence, Alexander still making an attempt to figure out what that sudden occurrence of pain in his wrist was. But Thomas had struck up an idea. "Hey? How about we go celebrate your wonderful return with some ice cream?!" Alex shook his head. "Why are you such an ice cream fanatic? It's nearly autumn." "Ice cream is amazing, change my mind."

"Eh, you always were stubborn." "Hey! I'm not stubborn, I just like what I like and you can't change my mind about it." Alexander mouthed the word stubborn to him, as he got up, walking out of the room. "Whatever." Thomas chuckled, grabbing his hoodie and pulling it over his head. He placed his phone in his pocket and ran down the hall to the door, opening it. "Your highness." He did a small curtsy, looking up at Alex with a goofy smile. Alexander walked over to him and patted his head. "Good, my royal subject." The both of them snickered, walking out and closing the door behind them.

"Good to have you back."

"Good to be back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was edited by future JamiltonStoryWriter, the original chapter was utter garbage and made me physically cringe so like. Yey.