Chapter 11: The News

~Third Person POV~

            The whole class was a couple of seconds away from banging their heads on the wooden tables in front of them. Adams was being his usual miserable self and it was the same old Physics lesson with a depressing and heart wrenching voice teaching it. With the addition of 3 or 4 pages of homework. Thomas started to lightly bang his fist on the table in a rhythmic way. Alex looked over at Thomas and smirked. 

            This is what the two trouble makers used to do in high school when they were bored. They would start making beats, and sometimes, the rest of the class would add some pencils or vocals. The teacher would always shut it down before it gets to the best part. Maybe a little detention time too. 

           Thomas smiled back and slammed his fist on the table a tad bit harder. Alex start to hum along to the beat, and that's when the class looked over. Theodosia stomped her feet to the rhythm, then burr started to vocalize, his voice just like melted caramel.  Then pencils started to tap and next thing you know, there were people doing some isolations. Adams didn't even feel like saying anything. The man went back to his desk and put his head down. Everything was going great, but then-

"Will all of the audition participants for the school play come to the auditorium please. I repeat, will all of the audition participants for the school play come to the auditorium, thank you."

            That's when everything fell silent. There were 'Aww's' and groans heard throughout the classroom. People were actually enjoying making music. Adams looked up and shooed away no one specifically.

            Alexander shivered when he heard the monotone voice of the Ms. Haynes over the intercom. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. After few moments, Alex lifted himself up from the small, uncomfortable, blue plastic chair and started to stretch; he was sitting far too long for his liking. Alex could already feel Thomas' reassuring smile burning a hole through the back of his head. Sure, he loved the support but sometimes Thomas can be too out of touch with reality in Alex's opinion. 

            He was always saying how everything was gonna be okay but sometimes that's not always the case, and Alex should know. He did worked hard and tried his best on his audition, but he made some minor mistakes that he was aimlessly stressing over yesterday night instead of actually sleeping.

            Maybe he was overthinking everything, and it was all gonna be okay, or maybe he was right, and all of his work had just fallen down the drain. Alex was in a hunched position, and his hand were shaking the entire time while walking down the hall. Thomas was just as smiley and happy, humming 'Under The Sea' from 'The Little Mermaid'. Burr put his left hand on Alex's shoulder and smiled. 

"Your gonna be just fine." 

            "Mhm." Alex hummed, that whole sentence went into one ear and out the other. He was too focused on the thought him working himself for nothing at all. Alex shook his head. He was overreacting. 

           King opened up the door with a huge smile on his face. Everyone was confused, King was never was enthusiastic about anything. Everyone took their places inside the auditorium in a straight line. Washington and King passed out the exact same copies of paper to each student. Each paper had everyone's roles on them. There were phone numbers attached too, just in case people wanted to practice with each other. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                  *The List*

Maxwell Nolan - Thomas Jefferson

Samuel Greene - Samuel Seabury

Mr. Greene - Charles Lee

(Ima just be original and make up some new names mk? Wait why am I askin you?)

Knoelle Dean - Theodosia Prevost

Dorian Blue - John Laurens

Shane Clementine -  Aaron Burr

Niki Palomino - Angelica Schuyler

Shari Howard - Elizabeth Schuyler

Ensemble - Marquis Lafayette  

Ensemble - Kalani Moore

Ensemble - (Etc. I don't have the means to go on)

Maxwell Nolan Understudy - James Reynolds

Samuel Greene Understudy - Alexander Hamilton

-I dOnt fEEl liKe dOiNg tHe ResT-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           There were noises of Joy and happiness. Everyone was happy for one another. Well, one girl had stormed out with her 'crew', but other than that, it was nice. 

            Thomas was beaming right when he looked at his paper. Theo and Burr ran straight into each other's arms. They were both gonna be happy no matter what happens, but they were overjoyed. Laf was quite quick to call his boyfriend and tell him the wonderful news. He always dreamt of being a dancer as a child. The Schuylers were joyful as well. 

            However Alex's reaction was quite the opposite of everyone else's. Alexander's smile turned into a frown at the snap of a finger. He was too frustrated to look at the bright side of the situation. But Alex wanted to be a shoe-in for the role. That's when John came over.

"Whatup shortie?" John wrapped his arm around Alex, but the boy shrugged it off and sighed. 

"I'm not in the mood John." Alex had started to walk off. Thomas had looked over and saw what was going on. 

"What's wrong with Alex?" 

"Must've been the role he got." 

Thomas got the the folded up paper from out of his back pocket and scanned over it once again, John looked over at the paper too. 

Samuel Green Understudy - Alexander Hamilton 

Thomas sighed and rubbed his temple, both of them knew how much of a perfectionist the boy was. 

"I'm gonna go check on him." John patted Thomas' shoulder and nodded. 

                                                       ~Timeskippp~

The old door of Alex and Thomas' dorm room cracked open to revealed a mopey and brooding Alexander. Thomas frowned and walked over to his best friend.

"Alex...I-"

            "Nope." Alex put his pointer finger up and interrupted. Alex got up from his seat and carefully placed wine glass in the sink. He proceeded to walk halfway up the stairs but stopped himself, chuckled a bit and said:

            "It's fine, I worked hard, and I didn't get it. I'll be fine." Alex shrugged, and walked the rest of the way upstairs. Thomas winced. That door slam was so loud that even Thomas' family in Monticello could hear it. 

Hellooo Peopless

Awwww meh bebeh is upset ;-; But it's gonna get better. Anyway, good news...WERE ONLY 350 READS AWAY FROM 1K BABYYYYYY (Ooo that rhymes) Thank y'all peeps so much (This was edited on 3/4/22, I hope you enjoy this version better ❤️)

BYE MY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ✨🌈🦋

First version: 1,096 words 

Second version: 1,118 Words ❤️