Ch-1: 𝗔 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗗𝗮𝘆 & 𝗠𝗮𝘆𝗵𝗲𝗺

In the deep and dark depths of space, there was nothing but silence. The vacuum of space sucked all sound, leaving nothing but the quietness around all of the planets of the many universes out there.

One planet, in particular, seems to just sit there in the darkness, it's native civilisation in full motion and going about their daily life. But suddenly, out of nowhere, a cataclysmic explosion rocked the entire planet to its core, obliterating it from practical existence.

As the explosion and destruction of the planet took place, a red comet the size of a three-storey building looks to be flung right across the universe, passing by the remains of the planet it was launched forth from, smashing through asteroid belt...

As the explosion and destruction of the planet took place, a red comet the size of a three-storey building looks to be flung right across the universe, passing by the remains of the planet it was launched forth from, smashing through asteroid belts as it continued forth... heading off towards one particular planet in the Milky Way galaxy...

~*~*~

An Antarctic base located in the South Pole. Two male folks were sitting about in the base, everything feeling like a slow day, with barely anything to report in on to their superiors. They would check the monitors every now and then, but there was nothing super exciting for them to call it up to their higher-ups.

Ben, one of the two men watching over the base, now heard a faint beeping coming in from one of the main computers next to him. He looked over and his eyes widened a little.

"Hey, Jerry, you might wanna check this one out." Ben called to his partner, Jerry, the latter over by a ping-pong table. "Palomar just picked it up. Looks like some type of UFO, and it's heading this way."

Jerry sighed in exasperation. "How many times do I have to tell you this? UFO's don't exist and we're never gonna see..." He was cut off when one of the scanners began to flash and beep rapidly.

Ben looked at it in awe. "Wow, its energy signiture is massive." He commented in curiosity. "I've never seen anything like this before..."

Jerry was now starting to panic. "Holy Cheez-Its! What do we do?! No one told us what to do! The only reason I took this job you never have to do anything!" He whined as if he were a little kid.

"Jerry, stop it." Ben sighed, now beginning to type in some codes of some kind into the computer. "Let me calculate its impact point. Looks like..." He and Jerry both take a look at the screen, and both Ben and Jerry saw the intended target. "Oh my... its heading right for Chicago, Illinois." He realised, looking over at Jerry.

Jerry picked up the red phone. "Supernova, this is Red Dwarf. We actually have one! Code Nimoy! I repeat, Code Nimoy!"

~*~*~