Ch-15: 𝗘𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

Washington, DC, the U.S. capital, is a compact city on the Potomac River, bordering the states of Maryland and Virginia. It's defined by imposing neoclassical monuments and buildings – including the iconic ones that house the federal government's 3 branches: the Capitol, White House and Supreme Court. It's also home to iconic museums and performing-arts venues such as the Kennedy Center.

The White House in Washington, D.C., on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW. It is the official residence/workplace of the President of the United States (POTUS). It has been the residence of every U.S. president since John Adams in 1800. The term White House is often used as a metonym for the president and his advisers, as in "The White House announced that...".

Outside of the White House, many news reporters and camera crews were camped out all over the lawn, and they were all here to bear witness to a ceremony. There were even thousands of people there to see all of Team Monster before them. They even held up signs to say 'thank you' or 'we love Team Monster', and many other signs of happiness and celebration. Team Monster all stood by, or in Braedey's case knelt down next to, a stage outside of the White House, all of them waiting for the president to arrive.

"This is breaking news coming in from Washington and the White House." A broadcaster said to a TV camera. "A ceremony is underway in honouring the team of monsters who have saved Earth from the alien invasion just a week ago."

Team Monster all stood tall/knelt by the stage, all of them smiling to one another. President Hathaway now stepped up onto the stage, who waved at the cheering crowd of thousands. In the sky up above, Robosaurus, Dante, and Clementine all join in with the Air Force in a dramatic flyby for the crowd.

The president looked and addressed to the monsters. "Job well done to all of you. The Earth has been saved from the threat of alien invasion and extinction, and we owe it all to every single one of you. In appreciation of your efforts, we would like to return you to a maximum security prison of your choice?"

The monsters all now look on in shock. They had just saved the world and got their freedom, and now, they were all gonna be sent back to prison? Before anyone could say anything, one of the president's advisors then leaned over and he whispered something to him.

"What's that?" President Hathaway asked his advisor in confusion. "Oh, right, that's an old speech. Sorry about that." He threw away the old speech, then pulled a new sheet of paper from his pocket and quickly reviewed it. "On behalf of the whole world, the United Nations, myself, and the joint chiefs of staff, I would like to present you with the Presidential Beads of Gratitude!"

The crowd cheered and the monsters all now beamed happily as necklaces were placed around their necks. Or in Braedey's case, around his pointer finger. Dante and Clementine landed nearby, and they also got the necklaces, Robosaurus now landing over nearby the National Monument. He lets out a roar and shoots a jet of blue fire from his mouth into the air, with fireworks launching from his middle pods into the sky above, fireworks going off in spectacular fashion.

"Have to say, never thought I'd be at the White House, on top of getting a medal from the president." Braedey commented to the others.

"I agree. It's almost like winning the Pulitzer Prize in my own perspective." Dr. Chevy added in to the boy-turned-giantess.

"I'm just glad we are now seen as heroes." Ken flexed his muscles, people cheering and taking photos.

"True. I'm happy." Barry agreed.

"I couldn't be more proud of you, Braedey." James said to Braedey, the two and Naomi all sharing a hug. "You really are something."

"Thanks, Dad." Braedey thanked his father softly.