Ch-8: 𝗧𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗼𝗿 𝗜𝗻 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝗣𝘁𝟭

"Go fish."
"Barry gets another card."

Back at the facility, Barry and Ken were both playing cards, Jennifer watching them as they play. Some music was also playing from a radio the facility gave them to pass the time. Ken was not having a good run this time, but he has an ally in the form of Robosaurus, who was peering over Barry's shoulder to look at his cards.

"Ken, your turn." Jennifer said next.

"Do you..." Ken looked to Robosaurus with his eyes, the 350ft tall robot dinosaur now stomping his foot down three times. "Have... any... threes?" Ken asked Barry.

Barry looked to Ken, then down to his cards. "Yes. Yes, I do- How do you do this?!" He threw down his cards in exasperation. "You are the luckiest guy I know here."

"Well, luck ain't got nothing to do with it." Ken chuckled.

"I'll sort out the cards again." Jennifer got the cards into a pile, and she began to sort them. "Ken wins."

Just then, Dr. Chevy walked up and took the antenna off the radio, much to the trio's annoyance that their music was cut off. The robot scientist walked over to a computer of his size and design, installing the antenna into a port.

The computer looked to be made up of a large TV screen (albeit with a hairline crack across it), a bunch of old conductor coils, a series of wires linking it all up, a Cadillac big-block engine (which still works amazingly), alongside some extra parts and pieces. This was the device Dr. Chevy had made to help and see if he can turn Braedey small once again.

"Ha! Those Pulitzer Prize judges once called me crazy." Dr. Chevy said to himself. "But I shall show them! I SHALL SHOW THEM ALL!" He declared, and does his evil scientist cackle.

Two long cables that's connected from the machine ran all the way to Braedey, who was sitting on his chair, the cables attached to his face.

"Uh, doctor? I'd really prefer you didn't do your evil crazy mad scientist laugh whilst I'm linked to this contraption." Braedey asked to the robot scientist.

"Yeah, you do kind of freak us out when you do that." Yuri agreed as she wheeled herself in.

Robosaurus now lets out a small roar. "Hey, you're right about that, Buster." Ken spoke up and walked over to them, Jennifer and Barry also walking up. "You've been letting this clockwork quack experiment on you for over three months, kid." He said to Braedey.

"I'm NOT a clockwork quack." Dr. Chevy said back indignantly. "I'm a mad scientist, with a PhD. That's a fact, and there's a difference."

"Guys. What other choice is there do I have?" Braedey sighed, now getting their attention. "I mean, if you can make me normal, or even just 6ft or something, I can get out of this place, get back to the life I have and carry on. I'll try and find a way to turn back into a guy, but I've got other things to do. I mean, I still have school to do-"

"Whoa, wait. You're still in school?" Ken cuts him off. "Gee, didn't expect that."

"Yeah. I'm only 15. I'm still a minor." Braedey answered. "Why do you ask?"

"You look a little older, though. That's what struck us." Jennifer clarified to him. "I mean, right now, you look like your 18 or so."

"Well, I still have studies to do, things to try and get the chance to do, even see the world." Braedey continued. "I mean, I want to see-"

"Lemme guess, California?" Ken muttered, knowing what he'll say.

"Well, no. I mean, I wouldn't mind, but not as a starter." Braedey clarified. "It would be either Rio de Janeiro. Next stop, Hawaii. Then, maybe see-"