Ch-11: 𝗥𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 & 𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝘃𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

On the outskirts of the town he was born in, in the dead of night, Braedey was slowly walking down the road, tears still in his eyes. He couldn't believe it: Rebecca did not want anything to do with him, and it was all just a prank to try and make fun of him. The only thing he could think of was his conversation with Rebecca over and over in his head. He wiped the tears away from his eyes but they kept returning as he sobbed.

Braedey eventually found his way over to a lone gas station about 20 miles out from town. He breathed a sigh, now sitting down on the roof of the building, the metal structure groaning in response to the weight, a 'ding-ding' sound coming from one of the gas pumps. Braedey breathed a sigh, all the while letting some of his tears flow. He looked up at the clear sky, the stars shining brightly, the night lights reflecting in his eyes. He still couldn't believe that he and Rebecca never had any connection and it was nothing but a lie.

A little while later, the other monsters, Dante and Clementine found him all alone, lost in thought. "There you are." Dr. Chevy spoke out, Braedey wiping away his tears before anyone could see them, as the robot scientist stood by his legs, Ken, Barry, Jennifer, Dante and Clementine stood on the roof, Yuri down next to Braedey's sneakers. "We were getting worried for you."

"Well, it wasn't hard to try and find you-" Ken was cut off by the glare Jennifer gave him. "Uh, right. Sorry."

"Well, your folks and their friends were really willing to give us a chance." Jennifer now spoke up. "They did warm up to us."

"True, despite the chlorine in the pool." Yuri winced a little as she gently tapped her eyelids. "But other than that, everything went well."

"Yeah..." Barry nodded, then snapped back into focus. "Sorry, I was just staring at the stars."

"It's okay, Barry." Dante chuckled gently.

Ken finally sighed in exasperation. "Oh, come on, guys. Who are we even kiddin'? We get the love and smiles from just a group of people, and does that put us in the good light? No! We could save every freakin' city on the planet, and they'll still treat like they've always done for centuries, forever and always!" He slumped over, elbows on his knees and his hands were under his chin. "Like monsters."

Braedey looked around his little group. "Right. Monsters." He muttered.

There was a short silence as they were too depressed to talk. Dante, however, sensed there was something wrong with Braedey. No doubt something had happened earlier between him and Rebecca.

"Guys. I know it's hard to try and get people to like you. Trust me, I felt the same way when I first came to Earth." Dante said to them. "Give it some time, and everything will fall into place at the right time. Here's a saying I learnt in my time here on this planet: 'patience is a virtue'. Good things always come to those who wait."

Ken now plucked up the courage to ask Braedey about Rebecca. "So, how was Rebecca, Braedey? How was she?" He asked, the others now looking to Braedey.

Braedey tried to put on a happy face and tell them that it all went okay, but failed and gave up. "It was nothing but a lie. Rebecca said it was all a prank to make fun of me back in school. Rebecca is a jerk. A filthy rat. A backstabber, and a fraud."

"