2.1 Demon Toran

2.1 Demon Toran/ siren reader

(Y/n) P.O.V
Having a whole species to take care of is a very stressful thing, but when you are first born it makes you wish you weren't a princess. I know I shouldn't complain, because my life is better than anyone else's, from the best teacher, and chefs.
Lately I've been wanting to be adventurous, but of course my father won't allow that to happen. He says I must stay in the Coven until I learn how to control my powers, which is ridiculous, because I can't beat everyone in the Coven.
Today, father has me sit in on one of his meetings, which is a surprise for everyone, because when the elders of the Coven come in they almost stop walking when they see me sitting in father's chair. As my father stands behind me, he clears his throat, and waits for everyone to give him their attention.
"This meeting is just to inform you all on the decision I've made," Father begins. "The vampire clan have agreed to bring our Kingdoms together. We've come to the agreement that my daughter, and their son will get married, have an heir to strengthen the alliance." He sounds so pleased with himself, but I can feel myself getting angry.
"Father? Pardon me, but did you say marriage?" I stutter as I say it.
"Everything will be planned." He continues to speak like I didn't just ask him a question. "All you have to do is sign the certificate." He still tries to continue, but I stop him this time.
"Father, I'm not marrying anyone, even the beast of a man like the vampire prince." I firmly state. "My mother would never allow this."
When I finish speaking he is right in front of my face with a deep angry scowl on his face. I stand tall as I look him in the eyes, because he needs to know he doesn't intimidate me. He goes to grab me, but I use my power to keep him in a chair.
"You will be let go when I'm an hour away from the border. It would be in your best interest for your army to not follow me." I informed him.
"I will find you, and I'll make you listen." He seethe.
"Goodbye father." Is the last thing I say before walking out.
The servants run away from my dark presence as I march to my chambers, and start packing things in big trunks. I pack what I have left of my mother, my main clothes, and some of my own books. I left the rest to the ladies that took care of me, and after some heartfelt goodbyes, a glare from my brother, I was off. Only the driver knew where I was going, well my mother as well, but I took this idea from her journal.
During the long journey I was engulfed in a book when the driver stopped outside the Silentdew Kingdom. We are questioned by the guards, but I hide my face when one checks inside the carriage. Once we are allowed inside the Kingdom, we are directed to the throne room where King Jule is standing at the bottom of his throne. To show no hostility to his Kingdom I bow.
"I've waited a long time for you to show up, Princess." He smirks. "Come sit. We have a lot to talk about." He jesters with his hand to the desk behind his throne.
"What do you mean, Sire?" I ask.
"You probably know around the time you were born I took over this Kingdom from humans, became an equal ruler. Well your mother saw this, and came to me for help." He goes to a picture hanging next to us, and waves his hand. "She could sense the power you held, and knew her time was limited." He pulls a box from behind the painting. "She has everything you need in your room in the west wing. She made sure to have it next to the library." He chuckles. "She was a stubborn woman, your mother. You'll have a guard to accompany you while you learn your way. Toran!"
When heavy footsteps enter the room, the room goes completely calm, so I turn to the person. A demon, standing next to the desk, but he's staring at me as I look him over.
"Toran this is (y/n), the important person I told you about. Show her around." King Jule says to him.
Toran guides me through the Kingdom, and I can't help but take in his appearance. His body is littered with scars, and his dominant demeanor I can tell he's been through something.
When we got inside my room I could feel my mother there, but I stopped myself from crying as Toran brought in my trunks. I watch in awe as he carries the trunks around like they are pillows. I didn't realize I was staring so hard until he was standing in front of me.
"Did you want to rest before I showed you around tomorrow?" His deep, scratched voice shocks me.
"I would like that, thank you." I lazily smile as I open my trunk. "Do you have to guard the door, because you can sit on the couch?" I offer as I take my things.
He doesn't say anything which makes me turn to him as he sits on the couch. I could feel his eyes watching me as I moved around the room. Once everything is in a spot, Toran pops up next to me, and puts the trunks in the closet. I sit at the desk as I watch him, and how he goes back to the couch, moving the pillows around. I turn with a sigh, my eyes landing on the letter King Jule gave me, and with a shaking breath I open the letter.

My Dear (y/n),
My sweet daughter I'm so sorry your life is the way it is, and I can only beg you forgive me. When you were born I knew I had to protect you, because of your father. I don't know if you ever found out, but our marriage was arranged. Our fathers were part of this council, and our marriage was supposed to help my people. Well being the power driven man your father is he wanted witches to be superior, and had most of the siren people killed.

(Y/n) I've only wanted your happiness, and that's why I came to Silentdew. I practically begged Jule to help, and he knew I wouldn't let go. King Jule and I came together to lock up most of your power. My darling, please don't be mad. I just couldn't let you be used for something you never wanted. You have everything here to learn about our people, your power, and how to be you. I wish I could be your teacher, and watch you blossom into the queen you are. You can trust Jule wholeheartedly, and I hope you understand things had to be done this way.
Love always, Your Mother

I must have been crying, because two dark gray fingers hold a handkerchief in front of my face. I softly took it from him, wiping under my eyes, and Toran folds the letter back into the envelope. As he walks back to his seat I turn sideways in the chair.
"Sorry. I don't usually let myself cry like this." I give a slight laugh.
"Don't be sorry. There is nothing wrong with letting yourself feel emotions." His hard voice covers my heart.
"That's a deep statement." I say.
He doesn't say anything, but stares at the table in front of the couch. I didn't want to push him, so I just served us some tea. I decided to look at some of the books my mother has on the shelf in the room. As I touched the spine of the old book I could feel the power coming through my hand.
The more I learn the more I get scared of how powerful I am, and just what I am. I kept looking through the different books, learning as much as I could, but I didn't realize it had gotten dark. As I stretched my back I noticed that Toran must have started the fire. I put the books in neat stacks as I stand up, and look over to Toran. He is laying down his arm behind his head, but he's not sleeping, he's looking at me.
"I didn't mean to get into reading like that." I giggle.
"It's alright. I tried getting your attention for dinner, but you didn't budge." He sits up properly. "What made you so intrigued?"
"These books are from my mother on how I can control my power properly." I smile down at the books. "It seems my powers are locked up, because I'm a siren." I say nonchalantly.
"I'll go get you some dinner. Don't leave the room." He practically runs out the door.
I watch the door shut in confusion, but as I wait I go back to reading. Halfway through the page I pick up the details on how sirens mate, and I get a mixture of feelings. The last statement on the page sticks out to me the most. Your mate calms the earth, awakens your blood by just apperents, and just a thought can connect you both. I jump to my feet as my mind goes straight to Toran.
"Toran?" I gasp.
It only took a second before he appeared in front of me, looking very concerned.
"What is it?" He looks around.
"Y...you heard me?" I stutter.
"Yes."
I didn't know what to say, so I just held the book, I was just reading, out to him. He looks up at me before reading, and I know he's getting near the end by his growl. Obviously we are mates, and we don't know what to do. He throws the book on the desk as he turns his back toward me.
"We can't be mates." Is all he says, and then walks out.
I didn't know I wanted a mate as bad as I did, but when he walked away it felt like my soul was ripped out. I waited for a while, thinking he would come back, but of course he didn't. As I changed into my sleepwear I couldn't help, but think if we really were mates.
What I didn't know was as I slept Toran was having a stressful conversation with King Jule in the library next to your room.