NEW 3.2 Halforc Rothwell

Warning: gore, mature

PART 2
Many of my people think I'm psychotic, and with days like today I agree with them. As I stand on the balcony of the castle that looks at the open field. My father decided to have William win back his Guard position by fighting in an even match against Rothwell. I was shocked that he came to me with this, but I was proud his old self was showing.
"EVERYONE LISTEN! I HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE WILLIAM A CHANCE!" My father started, letting his family clap and cheer. "HOWEVER HE WILL NOT WALK AWAY SCRATCH FREE!" The clapping stopped. "SIR ROTHWELL AND WILLIAM WILL HAVE THEIR FINAL MATCH TO SEE WHO IS THE BETTER WARRIOR." My father has to stop his speech because Wiliam's family and some others are causing a ruckus.
"SILENCE!" My inpatient voice carries over the field. My father smirks over at me in thanks.
"THE ONLY WAY WILLIAM CAN RECEIVE HIS TITLE BACK HE MUCH DEFEAT THE ORC LORD TO HIS KNEES." My father finishes his speech to sit in his seat.
"EACH FIGHTER WILL RECEIVE ONE WEAPON OF THEIR CHOICE. THEY THEN WILL BE MOVED TO THEIR ONE SIDES OF THE FIELD. WHEN THE CANON IS RELEASED THE BATTLE HAS BEGUN. ANYONE THAT INTERFERES THAT FIGHTER IS DONE, AND BOTH PEOPLE WILL BE HUNG WITHIN THE HOUR." People murmur amongst each other. William's family, every last one of them, look like a lit canon ready to explode. "ALSO WHOEVER WINS THIS BATTLE WILL WIN MY HAND IN MARRIAGE." There are collective gasps all around the crowd.
I lock eyes with Rothwell, give him a nod as I lift my hand for the guards to lead them to the middle of the field. Rothwell keeps his eyes on mine, making the guard wave his hand to get his attention. I laugh as I sit next to my father.
"Well that was an exciting announcement." He chuckles.
''It makes this go faster. if you haven't noticed Rothwell is very taken with me..." he interrupts.
"and you him." He teases me. "No wonder you couldn't find a husband. You needed a mountain." He laughs as I push him with my elbow.
"Like I was saying, orcs are very territorial, so by me saying that, Rothwell will either rip him to shreds or he will play with William until he's made his point." I smile as I think of ways.
When we look back to the field the men are almost to either side of the field. Rothwell has an ax in his hand while William has a sword. I scuff at his cockiness.
"What?" Father asks.
"William is so arrogant. There is a bow with eight arrows in the sheave, and he grabs a sword." I signal the cannon to fire.
William lifts his sword, swings it a few times, and starts walking toward Rothwell. Only to stop at the center, waving the sword in a come here motion. The orcs, who are watching from the courtyard, growl at William's disrespect, however they have great control; they don't move an inch. Rothwell however stomps his way to William throwing the ax into the dirt that lays less than a foot away from William. I watch Rothwell's every movement, and he really is a mountain. William tries to swing his sword, but Rothwell takes the sword away like it was just a stick. Some people gasp, others just talk, some even leave, but the creatures were cheering like this was sport. I guess in a way it is a sport for us if it was an even match and didn't end in death.
Everything goes quiet as Rothwell grabs William by his neck, but he doesn't kill William. He looks at me. I forget people are there, and run my finger over the front of my neck. With a smirk on both mine and Rothwell's he breaks William's neck. Rothwell is so much stronger than humanly possible, so it causes William's head to rip off. The courtyard was split with cheers while the other was making terror-like sounds, making people quiet down.
"SO THAT SETTLES IT!" My father's voice breaks through the crowd. "SIR ROTHWELL HAS WON NOT ONLY THIS FIGHT, BUT HE HAS WON MY RESPECT." The crowd has a staggered applause, while the creatures applause with pride. "HE ALSO WON.." My father holds his hand out to me. I let him lead me to his side. "MY dAUGHTER'S HAND IN MARRIAGE." His speech ends with Rothwell lifting William's head with a roar.
When he has everyone's attention he throws the head to the ground, and looks up at me with a determined gaze. I look toward the side door that is the service hall, although is does lead to the escape tunnel. He gets the hint, and walks with a puffed out chest to the door.
"Goodbye father." I hurry around him to the painting.
"You're my daughter alright." He chuckles. It doesn't hit me until I'm in the tunnel. He used to make my mother take these tunnels to their hideaway cave my father made for them.
"Shut up, and shut the door." I laugh with him.
I get to the door just as I hear his heavy steps. I slowly open the door, to see his muscular back. I knock on the door causing him to turn to me. William's blood is still on him as he grabs me by my waist to lift me to his lips. I can never get over the smoothness of his tusks, and how his beard tickles my cheeks. As we pull apart I smile into his eyes.
"I knew you would win." I wrap myself around him the best I could in this dress I was forced to wear for the formal event.
"You knew what you were doing by saying that marriage line.'' He gives me a smirk before he leans down to kiss my neck then back to my lips.
He pulls back after some time, and lets me back down on my feet.
"We've been down here too long. My people will want to celebrate my victory, and I'm going to need my woman with me." He pulls me to him, making me squeeze against his chest.