Epilogue

(8:47 am)

Cade had a habit of clutching onto me in a death grip while I slept.

He was an insomniac but not as much as I was, I hadn't slept until six while he turned in around three. For some reason I really couldn't sit in that bed, I couldn't do anything and it was so quiet.

   Silence.

Bad habits and memories eat at me more now. I had to wrestle him off me of course. We share a king sized bed and he seems to like curling around me, spooning, cuddling, you name it. He took up at least ninety percent of the entire bed with his spider legs.

Here, I couldn't roam or get lost, we even had a little shelf in the living room containing all my favorite books which were also his. At least this shelf I could reach.

After brushing my teeth I walked out of our room, passed the second bedroom, ruffled my eyebrows, and continued down the hallway to the stairs. He also told me not to worry about that room, it had a piano and queen sized bed, not to mention a large fern in the corner.

Our house was large but it still was comfortable with just Cade and I residing in it. Although he did tell me he had another surprise.

I hate surprises.

All the anxiety it caused. All the stress and discomfort. I massaged my temples as I walked into our kitchen.

Our kitchen had yellow walls and sunflower tiles lining the border, I think it's the fact that I loved flowers so much he decided to keep them there. Originally, he wanted to paint the kitchen a different color but when he saw those tiles he decided against it immediately.

It was ours. Not everything had to be flowers and sunshine. I actually wanted the living room to be ocean themed. He just spoiled me too much. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

My stomach grumbled and I immediately went for the cereal. Honey bunches of oats and almond milk, my heart is content now.

The silence was still thick and surrounding, I took a last spoon of my cereal, the metal clinking with the blue glass, before getting up and turning the radio on. Santeria by Sublime started playing softly through the speakers and I made sure to lower it even more so I wouldn't wake Cade up.

I hum all the way back to my seat and when I sit about to scoop up more cereal my eyes are covered by hands. Then my eyes are freed and there is a present on the table beside my bowl.

I raise my eyebrow with a small smile waiting until I'm finished my cereal for me to open it. He mimics my actions and gets the cereal out too, only he gets Apple Jacks and cow milk.

Once finished our cereal he put classical music on and placed my arms on his neck while his were set on my hips. This action not only gave me horrid butterflies but I had this really big goofy smile, I'm sure.

"Why's a raven like a writing desk?" He smiled at me and I raise my eyebrow. We're still dancing and when I'm really thinking about it I blurt out something along the lines of, "they both stand on sticks," and he laughs before glancing at the table.

                     He didn't.

"You didn't," I voice my thoughts. He only shrugs with a wide smile and I instantly go for the present. It had autumn wrapping paper on it, a brown backdrop with red leaves. The weight and shape of it could only be a book.