1

↳𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: none

                                                 ↳𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: none

"XIMENA, hurry up! I can't carry all these baskets by myself!"

Ximena huffed, placing down her watering can before walking inside the house, "Elisa, you know  this is the time I use for my garden, get Elena to help you." 

"Believe me, I've tried. She's too busy making googly eyes at Mateo in the town-square." The older girl rolled her eyes at the mention of her twin sister. "Just grab two baskets, we'll head on down to the Madrigals house, drop off the ingredients, and come back, I promise." She called over her shoulder as she walked out the door. "You can even say hi to Mirabel while we're there."

Ximena contemplated it for a moment before grabbing the baskets and following her older sister out the door. Antonio's ceremony is in two days, so Julieta probably needed these for the foods. Makes sense.

The two made their way through town dodging people left and right, in the corner of her eye she could see Mateo selling his family's pots and vases in the town square, a lovesick Elena watching off to the side, her chocolate colored pupils practically forming hearts. Ximena chuckled.

Ximena's arms were growing tired as she kept reassuring herself they were almost at the Madrigals. "Just a little further Mena," Elisa said as she watched her sister almost drop a basket. She nodded in response.

Oh wow.

Just the outside of the home alone entranced her, the colors vibrant and friendly, the smell of warm pastries immediately flooded their noses. The whole vibe just from the outside was enchanting. So you can imagine how overwhelmed they felt when they got inside.

A small smile graced Ximena's as she looked around in awe. Elisa smiled down at her younger sister, "It's super cool right, come in Julieta's in the kitchen." Immediately the floorboards under them shifted as if pulling them where they needed to go, towards the kitchen.

The two walked into the kitchen where Julieta was baking in a frenzy, two rats snatched food from the counter and scurried away.

"Stupid rats" she muttered, placing down her whisk and turning to face the girls. "Ah, Elisa, Ximena. Thank you so much for coming."