4

↳𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: light language

"SO the great Camilo Madrigal has come cowering to little old me?" "You know you're not as condescending as you think when you have a baby on slapping your face." Santiago rolled his eyes, removing Rio's hands off his face and placing him on the floor to crawl around. Rosa still happily sucked her pacifier in his lap. Camilo had snuck out late at night for lessons, the only time they were both available.  Unfortunately he wasn't as sneaky as he thought and resulted in waking the twins.

"Do you want my help or not?" "Well yes but-" "Good then shut up." Santiago stood up placing Rosa in Camilo's hands. "First order of business, what approaches have you tried?" "Well I complimented her, multiple times." Santi smiled, "That's good! What did you compliment." "Just her in general. She's so enchanting and beautiful-" "Stop there, you complimented her looks? Do you know anything else about her?" Camilo looked down ashamed, "Well I never got a chance to learn-" "Hush, your helpless. But that's why you have me. Welcome to Ximena Valentina-Victoria Pèrez 101."

The lesson went on for a while, Rosa and Rio falling asleep in Camilo's arms. With wide eyes and a dopey love sick smile Camilo soaked in every word the taller boy said. That was until they heard a bound of footsteps. Based on where the sun was it was 5 am. "Dang we've been doing this for two-" Santi shushed Camilo as the crouched down and watched the culprit come down the stairs.

When their feet finally hit the floor he grabbed the candle from beside him and shoved it in their face, "AHA- Mena? What are you doing up?" Sure enough Ximena stood there in her dusty blue night gown, her curly brown hair looked like a bird's nest, a sleep-deprived expression painted her face. "I couldn't sleep, again. I was going to get water. What are you doing up? And why do you have the twins, and who is-" Ximena paused squinting to see against the dim candlelight. "Camilo?" Camilo looked flustered, "Hey- I- " 

"What the fuck are you doing in our house at 5 am- Actually don't answer that I'm getting my water. I'm taking the twins, I'm going to bed. Didn't see a thing, didn't hear a thing." She said in a groggy voice picking both twins out of Camilo's arms before heading back upstairs. "Ximena! You didn't get your- oh never mind." Santi said rubbing a hand over his face. "Does she do that often?" Camilo asked watching the girl's figure retreat up the long stairway. "Ximena has a hard time sleeping. Which is why she wakes up late, she tries to cram sleep in the morning hours. Never really works. No one knows how to help her because she never lets us." Santi shrugged. Camilo's eyes never tore away from the stair well where the girl once stood. Suddenly, he got an idea.