Memorial Discussion

This One Shot is a little sequel of my previous fic « The Point of not Return », located some days after Jett's legendary mission and Tino's return. It's once again in Tino's POV.

-------

Summary: During a discussion between Tino and Dizzy, Tino begins to recall the memory of an old friend.

___ _______ ______

It has been several weeks since the mission in Greenland.

Several weeks since Jett became a Legendary Super Wings of his generation.

And also several weeks since Tino's return to the Super Wings after being trapped in this iceberg for centuries.

And since then, Tino has been trying to rediscover the world he tried to protect, a world that is now completely different from the one he knew.

No more monsters populated this universe, he had learned that a giant meteorite had caused the disappearance of the dinosaurs, and as the creatures he was fighting lived in almost the same era, he deduced that it was a catastrophe of the same kind that had caused their extinction.

Tino wondered what he could be useful for now, since there were no more monsters to fight, he stopped at the edge of the World Aircraft, pensive.

The Super Wings of this era had evolved since the quartet he formed with the Pillars, their method of rescue too, he had seen that. He wanted to spend time with them, but he still preferred to be alone. Tino didn't really feel like he belonged here, he was a former Super Wings who by some miracle managed to get through time stuck in this Iceberg.

Of course, he thought that being free of this icy prison was perhaps a second chance, that he could still be useful. But now that he thought about it, he highly doubted it.

The Super Wings of this era would do fine without him, especially with a leader like Jett, that youngster who had become a Legendary Super Wings.

Lost in his thoughts, Tino barely heard someone call his name:

"Tino?"

Turning fiercely despite everything, an attack reflex, he saw that it was the Pink Super Wings who had approached.

What was her name again? Millie? Izzy? He was still having trouble assimilating the names of the Super Wings from that time.

Tino gave a softened grunt, as if to signify that she could approach.

The Super Wings' face lit up, she knew that Tino was not very comfortable despite the fact that the World Guardians had saved him (even though they had attacked each other in the beginning.) After his return, he was a bit withdrawn, a bit like Astra. But for him, it was different, he closed himself for something else, was it by fear or by desire to protect himself? The Super Wings didn't know how to interpret it and tried to talk:

"It's beautiful, isn't it?

Tino grunted with incomprehension, not knowing what Dizzy was talking about. She continued:

- The sky, it's beautiful lit up by the stars. I'm not as much of an expert on constellations and stars as Astra, but I think that tonight you can see them quite clearly, don't you think?

Tino gave another approving grunt before turning his head in another direction, she was probably talking about that silver Super Wings.

- This big world is beautiful too, it deserves to be cared for and protected in our own way, especially from Theodore and his new accomplice. Each of us has a use here.