The Change of a Team - Part 2

"So, I hear you've become a Legendary Super Wings huh, congratulations, kid!" Grand Albert said via video call to Jett, who was a little embarrassed.

Several days had passed since Jett had been summoned by Sky to the control room and Jimbo had told him of the new possibilities of his role as Legendary Super Wings, and so far, not much had gone right for Jett, or for the other Super Wings on the team in general....

Communication with his friends was rather peculiar, or rather, it was described as awkward and unstable, due to the fact that they were probably all feeling a little awkward in his presence, which was defusing Jett, who didn't know what to say in the face of all these changes, he didn't know what to say to reassure them or himself, or even how to act to show them that he was the same, but his new responsibilities and presence at important events he had to attend said quite the opposite.

The only one at the moment who seemed to understand how Jett felt was Mini Jett. Although he wasn't very talkative, the Super Pet always tried to comfort him by rubbing up against him when they spent time together between delivery missions. Mini Jett was his only source of comfort at such times.

Yet he knows that he's always been the one who represented the Super Wings the most, the one who was on the lips of all the kids and people who mentioned them (sometimes his friends, but a little less so), and that he has to hold his head high about these responsibilities, but now all this renewed attention is making him feel uncomfortable, as if it's suffocating him, and to tell the truth, he didn't like it at all, which was hard to live with these simple thoughts of placing him on a ladder apart from the others.

When he woke up this morning, he received a video call from Grand Albert. Jett had frowned; the old plane didn't often make video calls, rather it was the one that regularly visited the World Aircraft when it passed by on its many tours of the globe, so why a call?

When Jett had answered the signal, one of the first things the dean had said to him was that he'd heard the news of his promotion, the jet plane replied, again embarrassed, but trying to smile nonetheless:

"Thank you Grand Albert, it's all a bit new for me....and very time-consuming with my deliveries!

- You'll get used to it, my boy, it's only a matter of days before it becomes normal for you, you just have to find your rhythm! He replied encouragingly, which had the opposite effect on the young Super Wings.

Great, thanks for the encouragement, he thought, annoyed, but being curious as to why Grand Albert couldn't come, he asked:

"Are you planning to visit World Aircraft soon? I think so...the others will be delighted to see you again...and also to meet Tino....he said hesitantly, he had no idea how Donnie or Dizzy, for example, had missed the old plane since his last visit, as it had been difficult to have a normal conversation with them lately.

He didn't know about Astra and Paul either, and as for the others, it wasn't really worth asking, as they didn't know much about the old plane. The latter replied:

"Alas, no, I can't go to the World Aircraft just yet, I've been assigned an important job for the future of Super Wings! he replied.

As with Jimbo , thought Jett sadly, two people he'd worked with in the past were being held back somewhere, and who had something important to do with the Super Wings.

Grand Albert must have noticed Jett's eyes darken, because he said to him:

"Um...I'm not supposed to tell you this because it's something that's part of a future project for you young planes, but all I can say is that I'm overseeing some of the training of new recruits who will soon be starting their missions as full-time Super Wings!" he replied.