CAPITULO TRES

"So let me get this straight" Monse told me.
"What do you not understand?" I asked her.
"I don't understand why exactly are you mad" She said.

"Oh my god, Monse!! Gabby has told the story three fucking times! She's mad because her brothers didnt tell her what they were doing in the morning, and also because Oscar made her come to school and told her to speak to him with respect!" Ruby shouted, clearly annoyed by the fact that he had to listen to me talking about my morning through all of his lunch.
"With all due respect, Gabs, I don't quite understand it either" Jamal said. He saw Ruby coming, because his nostrils were blowing, so he quickly added "I understand what happened, Ruby! But why does it get her so mad is what I dont get"
"Because she has clear authority issues" Ruby said, shrugging. Jamal nodded.
"Hey! That's not true!" I shouted, offended.
"In that case, explain to me why you are furious just because your older brother, who is practically your father, has told you to go to school. On a school day" Ruby answered.
"What makes me furious is the fact that they keep hiding stuff from me, as if I was a little girl. Cesar is MY AGE, but still, Oscar tells him everything"
"That's cause Cesar is in the gang, and Oscar keeps trying to keep you from it, you know, save your future. He does not care about Cesar's. And that's why I hate him" Monse said.
"He does care about Cesar's future, Monse. He just thinks that what's better for him is to follow him and become the next lider. And I get that he's wrong about that, but he's heart is right" I said.

I know that I went from trashtalking about my brother to defending him, but you know how it goes, you can critizice your siblings as much as you want, but only you. But I get that Monse is with Cesar, and that she worries about him. She has reasons to hate Oscar. If only everyone knew him the way I do... He's not scary. I just wish nobody would call him Spooky, meanwhile, he loves it.

Anyways.

"I think I know what's going on Gabriela" Jasmine started. She had the face that she has when she's thinking of something stupid. 
"Where did you even come from?" Jamal asked, jumping from his seat, given the fact that Jasmine wasnt with us a second ago.
"That doesnt matter. Listen to what I think" she said.
"There we go" I said, preparing for another of her stupid theories.
"You said that a bunch of prophets were about to do something to you last night. And there's not anything that can make Oscar more mad than someone doing something to you. Right?" She said.
"Right?" I asked.
"So, him and Cesar went to prophet territory this morning to beat up those guys. And that's how they broke the truce, that was already hanging by a thread, as we know. And now the block is probably hotter than ever. That's why they were weird when they came home, cause they were in some type of mess. And Oscar sent you to school because he doesnt want anything to happen to you and here you are safe. And he made Sad Eyes drive you for that exact reason. And thats also why he told you to wait  till he picked you up" 

I couldnt believe it. For once, Jasmine's thought was logical.

"That does make sense! Woah, how did you notice and not me?" I said
"Yeah, I'm impressed" Monse said.
"Don't be. I just, you know, have an ear on the street at anytime. And I heard some Santos talking about it." Jasmine said, and bursted out laughing.
"You are so stupid" I said, laughing as well. She might be annoying, but I gotta admit, this girl is funny. Plus, she made me understand what was wrong with my brothers.

♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰

The day went by and I couldnt get Sad Eyes's words out of my head. I though about texting him, but, as the time passed, the feeling I had that he was right started turning into rage. Because I'm for sure a proud person. It is one of my biggest red flags. And I started to feel like he was telling me what to do, which I know is not true, but I cant help feeling like that. And then, when my pride disappeared, I got sad. I know I'm a mess, I know my feelings don't usually make sense, it is just that they get all mixed up and I can't understand myself. I just hope somebody relates... It's been like that all my life.