CAPITULO SIETE

I woke up and nobody was home. I figured Cesar was at school, but I didnt know anything about Oscar. I just hoped he came back when he stormed out of the house last night and he left again before I woke up, cause I hate it when he spends the night out of the house and comes back in in the morning, grumpy as hell and smelling like alcohol.

 I got dressed in an all adidas outfit.

I didnt know if I should text Sad Eyes, cause I didnt wanna overwhelm him, but I really wanted to see him

I didnt know if I should text Sad Eyes, cause I didnt wanna overwhelm him, but I really wanted to see him. I went to the kitchen to have breakfast and there wasnt anything to eat, so I thought about going to Ruby's house and visiting abuelita and asking her to go out to get breakfast with me.

I ended up eating some cookies she had just baked and telling her everything about Sad Eyes. One of the many cool things about Abuelita is that she doesnt tell your secrets to anyone. Half of the block goes to her everytime they need advice about something and it felt SO good to speak about it to someone, and just take it all out. So far, Abuelita and Cesar were the only ones that knew about it all.

Then I went for a walk and bumped into Oscar and the santos, who were playing cards on some tables in the park. I tried to walk away from them, without them seeing me, cause I didnt wanna speak to Oscar after our little conversation of the night before.

But, despite my efforts to walk past them unnoticed, one of my brothers friends pointed at me as he poked Oscars shoulder. I walked faster.

"Yo Gabriela!" He called at me. I tried to play it dumb
"Get your ass here!" He said, sternly. I spun on my heels, sighed and approached him.
"Whatcha doing here?" He asked
"I was going for a walk" I said
"Did you eat? There wasnt anything home. I gotta go to the store... sometime" He said, scratching his head. One of his friends laughed
"I went to Ruby's" I said
"Cool" He said. I started to walk away

"Hold on. Dont you have homework or some shit to do?" He said. I hate it when he tries to act like my father. He feels like he has to, but it is annoying as hell.
"Nope" I lied. While we spoke, I was looking around the place, searching for Sad Eyes. He was nowhere to be seen. 
"I know you lying. But you already know what I say, you are the only one who has to care about your future. Aint nobody gonna save you from failing all your subjects if you dont wanna do shit. You are suspended, yet you you still dont care about nothing regarding school. Thats only your problem, not anyone else's. You know?" He lectured me, as he smoke a blunt.
"You know what?" I said, tired of his lectures, but he didnt let me finish
"Dont cut me off Gabriela. Thats rude" He said
"Sorry" I huffed.
"You stay here with us for a while. I wanna have you where I can see you" He said.

I didnt understand anything. Why was he acting that way? Did he still think that something was going on between SadEyes and I? Cause I thought that I lied well enough the night before. Or was it because of the prophet situation?

"But! I dont understand anything?? Why cant I go home?" I asked, annoyed
"Cause I said so. I dont want you walking around alone, Gabby. So deal with it" He said. I huffed and he raised his eyebrow at me.