Chapter 4.

CHAPTER FOUR

When I get back to the room I decide to read Northanger Abbey one of my favorite novels until Holly comes back. After an hour the door opens and Holly bursts in.

"I have a terrible hangover!" Holly announces and falls on her bed dramatically.

"Are you okay?" I ask her and she nods. I close the book and go to align my books on the shelf into alphabetical order. A kind of obsession.

"Yes, it's nothing that coffee and an Advil pill couldn't help." She jumps out of bed and rummages in her dresser, taking out a packet of pills and swallowing one.

"There is a party tonight, you should come with me, Melody." She says and I laugh. A party on the first day of college?

"Parties aren't really my thing. Besides I planned to study and go to get some things for the room. Maybe next time."

"Come on... Melody it's just one party! You're in college now! Just one party won't hurt anyone." She begs. "And wait how are you getting to the store? You have a car?"

"I was going to take the bus. But I plan to go in the next few days looking for a car." I tell her.

"Believe me you don't want to take the bus on a Saturday! They're way too packed. Come with me to the party and I will ask one of my friends to take you to the store on Monday."

"I don't know... I can't go to a party. I don't even know anyone." I say.

Should I trust her? I have only known her for a day. Holly looks quite nice, from the small interaction that I have had with her. But a party? I don't even know what to do at parties.

"So what? You'll come with me, and we'll know each other at the party. Just come please?" She presses her hands together in a dramatic plea.

"Fine, I will come." She squeals before wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug.

"We're going to have so much fun!" She shrieks. I hope she's right. I guess it couldn't be that bad, and I have never been at a party so maybe it could be fun.

"Let's get ready, you can help me pick my outfit," She says.

The dresses she shows me make me cringe, it seems like each one has less fabric than the other. She decides on a green dress that leaves very little to the imagination. The dress barley reaches the tops of her thighs and she keeps tugging her up to reveal more leg, the heels of her shoes are at least four inches. But I have to admit that the green color of the dress looks really good. She curls her hair perfectly and pushes two bobby pins in, one on each side to keep her hair out of her face, and she puts on more eyeliner than she had before.

I really adore her confidence. I love my body and I know I have curves in all the right places, but I still don't have the confidence she has.

"Where is the party? Is it within walking distance? Or will someone come and pick us up?" I flood her with questions. I need details to ease my nervous.

"This is a fraternity party at the biggest frat house here."
"It's not too far, but my friends will come to pick us up."

"Did your tattoos and piercings hurt?" I ask her as I pull out my clothes out of the closet.

"Not really, except for the earring in the navel the piercings didn't hurt at all, and the tattoos hurt at first, not as bad as you think but when you get used to it you don't feel anything. But it depends on the size and location of the tattoo." She says with a shrug.

"It looks painful." I tell her and she laughs.

I change out of my pajamas and put on a new pair of blue jeans. My tank top is black with wide straps, and I add over a white cardigan. Since I skipped on going to the store today, I will have to find a time this week.

"I like your outfit a lot!" Holly tells me and I smile.

My hair is perfectly straightened, I usually curl it slightly at the ends but today I feel like having straight hair.

"Do you want to use some of my makeup? I have some eyeliner pencils that will go great with your eyes." She asks, and I look in the mirror again.

"No, thanks." I tell her. I like a natural look, and usually prefer to wear minimal makeup and just put on a little mascara, concealer, and lip balm.

A knock sounds at the door just as I finish slip on my white converse shoes. "Come in!" Holly yells. The door opens and two boys walk inside.

"Hey, you Holly's roomie?" One of the boys asks. His dark black hair is styled straight up. His arms are scattered with tattoos and he has a metal hoop in the nose.

"Hey.. my name is Melody." I smile a friendly smile.

"I am Dean, nice to meet you Melody." He says with a smile, reaching out to touch my shoulder. His smile is warm and inviting despite his harsh appearance.

My eyes travel to the tall brown haired boy leaning against the wall, His hair is straight ,pushed back off his forehead.
He has metal in his lip, a black iron ring on the ring finger and he wears a thin silver chain around his neck. My focus moves down his tight black shirt that highlights his muscles to his arms who are also covered in tattoos. Not an inch of untouched skin it seems. He's tall, lean, and something about him makes it hard to tear my eyes from his face. I expect him to introduce himself the way that his friend did, but nothing, he stays quiet, fiddling with his phone. He definitely isn't as friendly as Dean. But he's more appealing though.

Holly nudges me, and I tear my eyes away from him, praying that he didn't see me staring.

"We're, ready guys," Holly says and grabs her purse, I grab my purse too, and the four of us exit the room.