Chapter 6.

CHAPTER SIX

The room is big, with a huge bed in the middle. The bookcase straight catch my attention. Wow. Whose collection is this? I am really impressed. There is all my favorites here, and another full of books I haven't heard of, and even some I wanted to read. All the kinds.

"What the hell are you doing in my room?" An angry voice booms from behind me. I turn my head to see Holden standing right in front of me. He has a thick English accent that I didn't notice at first. Probably because he was too rude to actually speak to me.

I thought the party couldn't get any worse, but here I am caught in Holden's personal place. Really amazing.

"I asked you what the hell are you doing in my room." He repeats just as harshly as the first time. He rudely clears his throat and waves his hand in front of my face.

"I am sorry.. I was looking for the bathroom and-" I start to explain but stop when he takes a step closer and lets out a deep breath.

"Does it look like a bathroom to you?" He raises his eyebrows.

"No." My voice comes out as a whisper, barley audible.

"So get out of here!" His angry expression scares me, but somehow humors me at the same time.

"I am sorry.. I just-" I stutter. He runs his hand through his messy hair, clearly upset.

"I heard you the first time. Now get out." He spits and I glare at him. Why does he care so much if I am in his room? Wait..

"Are you part of this fraternity?" I ask him. It's almost impossible to hide the surprise and the shock in my voice.

"Yeah, so what?" He answers and steps even closer.

"Nothing.. you just don't exactly look like a frat boy." I tell him honestly. He is far from what I imagine fart boys to be like.

"Good thing I don't care what you think." He says cruelly.

"You don't have to be such a jerk!" My voice comes out much louder than I had intended.

"You're in my room, and no one comes into my room. I will not repeat it again, get out of here!" He yells, stepping closer to me. His arms cross over his chest and the space between us is less than two feet. I dodge him and stand by the bed.

Feeling brave and annoyed I let out a laugh. "Oh I get it. So only girls who sleep with you can come into your room?" As the words leave my mouth his smile grows.

"Are you trying to say you want to sleep with me? Sorry but you're not my type." He says. I am not sure why but his words hurt my feelings.

"You're not my type either." I say and head for the door.
I don't usually like conflict and this boy seems like the last person the last person I should start a fight with. Arguing with him isn't worth it.

"Goodbye Melody." He says as I slam slam his door.

I feel like I am about to cry at any moment, I just don't have it in me to deal with these parties and people like Holden. Why he must be so rude and disrespectful? I did nothing to him that he would treat me this way.

Since I gave up looking for an empty room I decide to go look for the kitchen. Maybe there is a place to charge the phone and I will stand there and wait for the time to pass. The kitchen isn't too hard to find, but it's crowded since most of the alcohol supply is in ice buckets on the counter. I search for a few minutes but there is no socket anywhere.

"Having fun?" Dean asks as he approaches me. I am so happy to see a familiar face. He smiles sweetly and takes a sip of his drink.

"Not really.. How long do these parties usually last?" I ask him. I really hope it ends soon, I don't want to be here anymore.

"All night.. and half of the day tomorrow." He laughs and my mouth drops. When would Holly want to leave? There is no way I will stay here until tomorrow.

"Wait, who is going to drive us back to the dorm?" I begin to panic. Fully aware of his bloodshot red eyes.

"I don't know.. you can drive my car if you want. It's not a far drive. Or I can ask around to see if someone can take you back." He offers and I sigh.

"No, thank you, it's fine. I will figure it out."

"Okay but let me know if you need anything." He tells me. He is really a sweet guy.

"Thank you." I say with a smile, and with one touch on my shoulder he turns on his heels and disappears into the crowd.

My decision to come to this party is proving to be worse and worse as the night going on, and at this moment I swear not to come to any of these parties again, and to parties in general.