Chapter 8.

CHAPTER EIGHT

They both turn around and look at me, and I want to run but my feet don't move, as if they were stuck to the floor.

"You need something?" The brunette girl smirks. Holden sits up on his elbows with her still on his torso, her hands digging under his shirt.

Holden face is flat, not amused, embarrassed or anything. Just flat. He must do this type of thing all the time, having sex with strange girls at fraternity parties.

"Oh.. Uhmm.. No.. Sorry. I am looking for an empty room, so I can talk on the phone." I quickly explain. This is so uncomfortable and awkward that I want to disappear. The girl's hand is wrapped around Holden's neck and the other hand counties to diggings under his shirt, and when she presses her lips against his neck I look away.

"Okay? So go find an empty room." She rolls her eyes and I nod.

"I am sorry." I say and close the door quickly. After the door closes I lean my back against the wall by the door, and sitting on the floor. Only such a thing can happen to me. After a few minutes I get up and decide to look for the bathroom, hoping I will not open another with hormonal teenagers on top of each other again.

I find the bathroom and sit on the floor with head in between my knees and call Simon. He answers on the third ring.

"Melody? It's two am, are you okay?" He says, his voice sleepy.

"Yeah, I am with Holly and her friends at a stupid party, but they are so.. I don't know..." I sob through the line. This is already the second time I am crying at this party, all my makeup is smeared, and this night is a nightmare. I need Simon to tell me everything will be fine.

"Are you at a party? With your new roommate?" He sounds surprised.

"Yes.. and she's drunk now, and I don't know how we'll get back to the dorm." I know my problem isn't life or death but I am beyond annoyed and frustrated at myself for getting into this situation.

"Melody, I really think you shouldn't hang out with her, she will adversely affect you." He says and it irritates me. I expected him to cheer me up and say comforting words to me, but instead he scolds me, reminding me a little of my mother.

"That isn't the point, Simon.." I say with a sigh. The door handle jingles and I sit up.

"She's not someone you would ever hang around with," He keeps scolding me. Calling him was a bad idea, I know what Simon thinks about all this stuff.

"I will call you back Simon, someone needs the bathroom." I say and hang up.

"Just a minute please!" I call and wipe my eyes in the mirror. I look awful. The knocks on the door get louder and I groan as I open it, "I said just a min-" I stop as beautiful glaring green eyes pour into mine.