Chapter 9.

CHAPTER NINE

As I look into those amazing green eyes, I feel mesmerized. I have never seen more beautiful eyes in my life. Amazing, deep, surprised green eyes. Holden looks away quickly when I push past him. He grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"Don't touch me!" I yell, jerking my arm away.

"Have you been crying?" He asks, his tone curious.

"Why do you care? Just leave me alone Holden." He moves in front of me, his tall frame blocking my movements.

"Where are you going?" He grabs my arm again. I try to move my hand from his grip, but it's impossible, he is too strong.

"I am going to look for a bus stop, I am done with this place." I say and try to move but once again he stops me.

"Chill out.. the bus stop is at the beginning of the street, but you have to hurry because the buses stop running at three am." He says and releases me from his grip.

"Could you tell me where is it?"

"It's not that hard to find." The corners of his mouth lift, taunting me. He's unbearable.

I roll my eyes and push my way through the crowd and find the kitchen. I spot Jace's blond hair through the crowd and walk towards him, he's standing with another guy.

"Hey Melody, this is my friend Noah." Jace says, introducing us. Noah smiles at me and I return it.

"Do you know where the bus stop is?" I ask, but Jace shakes his head. Really great, no one knows where the bus stop is. Holden knows but he doesn't want to tell me, maybe Holly knows, I should ask her.

"I should go find Holly." I tell them and make my way towards the stairs.

"Exactly who I wanted to see now." I groan as Holden appears in front of me. He's the last person I wanted to see right now.

"I wanted to see you too." He says in a sarcastic voice.
"You and Jace then?" He says with a strange look. I turn to walk away from him, but he grabs my arm, stopping me from moving. Why does he always touch me like that? "Let go of me, Holden." He has no boundaries.

"You're unbelievable! I am trying to find out where the bus stop is, since you don't want to tell me." I say.

"I told you the bus stop is at the beginning of the street." He says and I roll my eyes. He's so annoying, I can't stand him. "But you can always go home with Jace or with another guy here." He says with a smirk.

When he lets go of my arm, I go back upstairs to talk to Holly, and luckily she shows up right at the begging of the hallway.

"Holden said there is a bus stop at the beginning of the street, and that we must hurry because at three am the buses stop running." I tell her and she laughs.

"No way, we are not taking the bus, he will take us. He was probably just giving you a hard time, Holden is like that."

"He's a real ass." I tell her and she laughs.

"Yeah, he can be sometimes." She agrees, her hand resting on my shoulder as we walk downstairs and towards the couches where Holden and the rest of her friends are sitting.

"Holden, you ready to take us back now? My head is pounding like hell." Holly tells him and he looks at me with an amused expression before he answers.

"Yeah, sure, just give me a minute," He says like he's waiting for us all along. At least he is nice to Holly, I wonder how long they have been friends.

The drive back passes quietly, with the unconscious Holly lying in the back seats. Unfortunately I had to sit in the front next to Holden so that Holly could lie in the back. He stays silent the whole way, and I just look out the window at the houses and the trees that pass by. I feel relieved to see the Emory University sign when we hit campus and the students parking lot. Holly wakes up just as Holden is parked.

"I will come tomorrow, Holly." He tells her as she climbs out of the passenger seat. She nods and waves as I open my door.

"Goodnight Melody." He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes and follow Holly into the dorm.