Chapter 7.

CHAPTER SEVEN

I go into the kitchen, taking a glass of water and stand in the corner. Maybe I should just find a random bedroom upstairs and sleep there? There are at least twenty rooms up there and maybe I will get lucky and no one will come in. But I know better and decide against it. I can't sleep in a frat house.

"Heyyyy.. Melody!" Holly slurs as she walks into the kitchen.

"You having fun at this party?" She giggles. She is obviously drunk.

"Uhmm.. not really.. when do you want to go?" I ask her. I hope soon. I am exhausted from this party.

"Come on, join us." She completely ignores my question and pulls my arm, sitting me on the bed next to her.

The room is lit with colourful LED lights hanging on the wall, and a large table full of cups and all kinds of alcohol that is in the center of the room between the two beds.

The only encouraging thing about the whole thing is that I finally find a place to charge the phone, I plug the cable into an outlet and sit back in bed next to Holly.

We're sitting here for an hour, and the only thing I do is watch a bunch of people smoking, drinking, and talking about stupid things. There is a terrible smell in the room of cigarettes that is almost impossible to breathe. I can't even imagine how my mother will react if she finds out I am at a party on my second day in college. She will lose her mind.

I can't believe how I got into this situation, that I am sitting in a small room with drunk smokers. The more I think about my decisions tonight, the more frustrated and stressed I become.

I get out of bed, pick up my phone that has been charged enough, and leave the room without anyone really noticing.

I can't help the tears that fall down my cheeks as I reach the bottom of the stairs. I don't belong at parties like this, and I most certainly don't belong hanging out with these type of people. Especially people like Holden. He's such a rude, disrespectful, tattooed jerk. I should be asleep now, preparing for Monday's classes. I just can't wrap my head around how a party like this could be considered fun.

The house is still packed and the music is too loud, I go back upstairs in search of an empty room so I can talk to Simon. I walk down the hall, trying to find a room, most of the rooms are locked or they are bathrooms. I pass Holden's room, this time the door is locked, he probably forgot to lock it earlier. I reach the door at the end of the hallway and it opens, but it's not empty, and to my surprise Holden is lying across the bed with a brunette girl on top of him.