𝐭𝐞𝐧

from peteyparker: if you ignore me now i'll make sure you can't ignore me at school!!

cindy was sure her eyeballs would pop out of her sockets soon from how often she'd been rolling them. now that her secret was out to peter parker that she had in fact been at germany that day and was in fact silk, she hadn't been able to shake the boy off. he was quite persistent to get his answers, maybe more than even she was— and she was the one sitting at the top of avengers tower with absolutely no idea in the slightest why she was even there.

to peteyparker: you're a real pain in the ass to shake off, you know that?

from peteyparker: aha! so you were ignoring me!

to peteyparker: what do you want?

past the door of her room, she could hear footsteps and the echos of murmuring, and her eyebrow cocked toward her hairline. could it be that tony stark had actually come home?

from peteyparker: you know what i want
from peteyparker: don't make me repeat myself!

to peteyparker: listen, i still don't know anything and trust me, when i find out anything that has to do with my situation, you will be the first to know. just hop off of my ass for awhile, why don't you?

from peteyparker: i'm starting to think you don't like me that much

to peteyparker: you been reading sherlock holmes or something lately?

from peteyparker: yes actually... why?

to peteyparker: why am i not surprised

knock. knock. knock.

"can i come in?"

cindy glanced away from her phone and turned to the bedroom door as it began to creak open every so slowly, the face of the man she'd been hoping to see for the past few days peeking through the crack. she dropped her phone against her bed, ignoring the vibrations of the notifications most likely coming from peter as tony stark entered her bedroom.

"i'm here," tony mused, flashing a grin. cindy simply pursed her lips.

"you're a busy man."

tony gestured a thumb out the door, raising his own eyebrows. "pepper wants to meet you."

right. the strawberry blonde woman from earlier flashed across her mind and cindy pushed herself up off of the mattress, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed. notifications from her phone permeated the room, and she could only imagine who they were all coming from. she rolled her eyes and outstretched a hand behind her, silk sprouting from her fingertips and making haste over to her phone as it laid on the bed.

finally, the noises stopped.

she followed tony as he led her down the corridor and into the kitchen where there she stood, pepper, his wife, sipping on a glass of wine. she glanced over to the two as they entered, setting her glass down and blessing them with a sweet, white-toothed smile.

"cindy, it's nice to meet you when you're not, you know, in a rush," she mused as she came forth, presenting her hand for cindy to shake. cindy complied, slipping her palm into hers in a firm shake. "i'm pepper. you know, when tony called and told me he had adopted someone, i was pretty shocked."

cindy chuckled, side-eyeing the man. "that makes the two of us," she tittered. "it's nice to meet you too."

"what, she gets a nice, warm welcome from you and i don't?" tony pretended to act hurt, a palm to his chest. "ouch."