𝐬𝐢𝐱

note; rewritten 12/24/2021
switched from first person to third person
more detail added

ONE MONTH LATER

SHE HADN'T PUT her suit back on since the battle back at the airport. silk was still a wanted criminal, and the fbi had been on a search for her for a month now. she'd though about turning herself in, maybe just getting her punishment over with. but, she couldn't find the courage to do it, she wouldn't let anyone figure out who she was. she had to do what she had to do.

she wouldn't be able to deal with the punishment she'd be facing.

she had found out that scott had been put on house arrest, and would be for the next two years. she guessed she would've gotten the same if she had ever gotten caught.

cindy exhaled the breath she had been holding in as she plopped down beside ella, her lunch tray following suit. her friend eyed her up and down, eyebrows furrowed in bewilderment. she'd never seen her friend so down before.

"you okay?" ella questioned, leaning over the table to catch a glimpse of her friend's face. "you look a little pale."

cindy forced her most reassuring smile, shrugging her shoulders. "yeah, yeah i'm fine."

"well, that's convincing," ella scoffed, rolling her eyes as she stuffed a whole chunk of sandwich into her mouth. "so, when do you think you'll get your phone back?"

cindy shrugged once again, pushing the carrots around on her tray with her index finger. "dunno, olivia's still pissed."

"well to be honest, i would be too," she laughed. "i mean, if my kid left school with some creepy ass man without telling me, i'd be pretty pissed too."

except, she didn't leave with some random creepy ass man. she went all the way to germany with an avenger to fight iron man and peter parker.

"i'm not her kid," cindy replied coldly, unable to think to say anything else. she placed a carrot between her teeth and gnawed down on it hard, the snap loud enough to turn a few heads from tables nearby.

ella didn't say anything else, both girls just let the silence blanket the brief tension between the two, all up until the silence became a little too deafening.

"cindy. cindy. cindy."

cindy turned and glared over at ella, only to find that she wasn't even looking her way. she turned her head in front of them, the view suddenly becoming nothing but a sea of black. she glanced up at whoever it was blocking her line of sight, and suddenly, she was looking into the eyes of a man in a black and white suit, his hands in his pockets, sunglasses veiling away his irises. the cafeteria had since gone quiet, people murmuring amongst themselves.

"cindy moon," he spoke, quietly though, as if he only intended for her to hear it. "i need you to come with me."

she froze. her limbs locked into place, and she blinked. there was no way, absolutely no way, that the fbi had been able to find her, right? this couldn't be, this couldn't be how she was found out, it couldn't.

"ahem, um, i'm sorry but i'm already in enough trouble for leaving school with a strange man so i'm afraid i can't—"

"and that's what i came here to talk to you about."

the man stared down at her, an expression as stern as stone, she had to gulp back the bundle of saliva at the base of her throat.

he was talking about what happened back in germany. this was it. she was caught.