𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

note; rewritten 01/15/2022
switched from first person to third person
more detail added

WAKING UP THE next day was a blur. cindy guessed that somehow during her slumber, she had forgotten the fact that he had been taken in by tony stark— iron man—, because when she woke up in the big, unfamiliar room, she panicked.

she pushed herself up off of the mattress, pawing at her eyelids as she fought to keep the morning sunrise away from her vision. she yawned, running fingers through her hair, searching her brain for an answer.

cindy's irises finally fell upon the silk suit as it laid scattered on the desk against the grand window,, her backpack hung on the back of the desk chair. she sighed and slumped her shoulders as the memory of yesterday finally processed in her brain.

she messed with the mass of noir tangles upon her head, and she tossed the covers off of her legs, swinging them over the edge of the mattress. she made her way over to the desk, rummaging through her bag for her hairbrush, working through the mangled forest atop her head.

all seemed peaceful, that was, until a series of knocks rapped against the bedroom door, and it began to creak open. she turned as tony's head peeked through the crack, his fingers curled around the edge of the door.

"oh, good, you're awake," he sighed in relief, pushing the door open all the way and making his grand entrance. "chop chop! you have school today, don't you?"

with tired eyes, she reached for her phone where it lay plugged up on the nightstand, checking the time.

"shit!" she exclaimed, scrambling around the room and grabbing clothes left and right. she wasn't used to being so far away from school, thus, she had woken up way later than she intended to.

"when you're done, happy is in the lobby waiting to take you to school!" tony yelled over cindy's panic, which she had just barely heard over her own heavy footsteps. he turned, closing the door behind him as she hopped on a single foot, tugging a sock over her foot.

at last, her struggle was over-- not without falling to the floor a couple times-- and she snatched her backpack off of the back of the desk chair. she halted in her tracks, however, a flash of white, black, and red catching her attention from the corner of her eye. she shook it off, she hadn't any time to waste. she practically sprinted out of the room, whisking past both tony and a woman with strawberry blonde hair, frantically stabbing at the elevator buttons.

"oh tony, is that the kid?" she heard the woman's voice question, as the elevator doors slid open, in which cindy scurried inside, giving her a small wave.  "we'll talk later," the woman laughed as the doors slid back shut, cindy frantically pressing more buttons.

cindy banged her head against the elevator wall, digging her phone out of her pocket, the screen illuminating a new message.

from ella
so you coming to school today?

to ella
yeah, running a little late, I'll explain later

she locked her phone and stuffed it back into her pocket as the elevator finally came to a halt at the ground level. she wasted no time sprinting out of the small box as the doors slid open, bursting through the doors and over to the car where happy waited.

"i would yell at you for making me wait, but i'm not the one late for school," he snickered as she hopped into the backseat, him getting into the driver's seat. she rolled her eyes at his comment as he started the engine and quickly drove off.