𝐭𝐰𝐨

note; rewritten 12/02/2021
switched from first person to third person
more detail added

"ELLA, CAN WE go?" cindy groaned as she laid sprawled over the bleachers, back against the cool metal as she observed her friend doing her sprints across the track field. "if i don't get food in my stomach in the next twenty minutes, i will kill you."

ella came to a halt once she reached back in front of the bleachers, locking her fingers back behind her head as her chest heaved up and down, desperate to catch her breath.

"you're talking to the girl who eats like, two thousand calories in one sitting," she breathed out a heavy chuckle. cindy rolled her eyes as she sat up, fixing her now tangled hair in the process.

"you've been running out here for like an hour and a half now, i literally finished my homework forty-five minutes ago. you're telling me you're not even tired?" she complained as she stood up, grabbing ella's water bottle from her bag before tossing it over to her. "you don't wanna get a heat stroke, do you?"

"relax, I'm not gonna get a heat stroke," she assured as she took a big sip from her water. "i'm an athlete, i can handle this stuff. just give me like, five more minutes."

"and after five minutes, you'll only have fifteen minutes to get food in my stomach before i murder you," cindy replied with a pout, groaning as she plopped back down.

"i can work with that."

cindy once again sat and watched as she practiced her sprinting drills, literally flying across the track. in the mean time, cindy whipped her phone out from her pocket and began to scroll through her social media feed. she scrolled past the numerous posts about iron man and the avengers, none of them exactly piquing her interest.

she ended up finding her way to a post posted on ned's account of both him and peter parker, in which it showed them posing in front of a lego tower she guessed they had built. cindy snickered, remembering the comment ella had made about them earlier that day as she scrolled past it. a pair of white sneakers appeared at the top of her vision and she glanced up to see her red headed friend wiping away beads of sweat from her hairline, her opposite hand resting on her hip.

"you ready to go?" her friend questioned, chasing for her breath once again.

"finally," cindy groaned, hoisting herself up off of the bleachers and slinging her backpack around her shoulder. "you were literally about to kill me."

ella rolled her eyes, reaching for her stuff before they made their way out of the campus, heading into downtown queens, searching for somewhere to stop and eat.

they eventually found a café tucked away in the city's many corners, wasting no time in putting in their orders and finding a table to sit at.

"you're lucky you got all that money, what with all the food you eat in one sitting," cindy laughed as the two got situated.

"listen, when you're a true athlete like me, you get hungry easily," she explained as she grabbed her phone. "whether it's protein or not."

"clearly."

i mean, i swing on webs and fight criminals after school, isn't that sort of the same? cindy thought.

the two whipped out their phones as they awaited their much needed food, making small talk over what random posts they saw.

"did you see liz's new hairstyle?" ella questioned, cindy shaking her head in reply. ella shoved her phone into cindy's face from over the table, presenting the picture of the senior girl liz, posing in a picture with her best friend betty. her hair was straightened now, a slight wave in her tendrils that made it seem to bounce and flow more.